Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2004, 12:43 PM

Default Pacific Poker Tournament Software Sucks...

I know it was only 2 months back when I ranted about Pacific's cashout/ID policy and I vouched not to play there. Well, as I usually do, when I cash out, I always leave some chump change behind. Just in case I get bored with other sites, or when there is a rebuy bonus I have a little shwag left over. I left about $150 in the Pacific site after I got the money out in the cashout-ID debacle.

So, as usual, I got bored and played some Pacific and build up the roll there I play a few tournaments.

Well, playing in a $30 limit on Monday night, I ran into this situation:

I was near the chip lead as we approached the bubble, in fact we may have been on the bubble when I was dealt KK. We went 3-way capped preflop w/this terrible LAG involved.

The flop hit undercards, the LAG bet, I raised. Suddenly, he disconnected and reconnected and the board was run off an Ace hit the river and his A4s took it down (that he capped preflop). I asked, "what happened" and others said that he disconnected. I then said, "that was BS" and the player in question, laughed at me. Then continued to mock and goad me while the others took my side that his disconnect was deliberate.

The player's ID is GodLike2.

I know it's some sort of sin to announce an online name in a public forum but this is well deserved. Be aware of this player, he is a cheat.

Be aware of Pacific Poker it's software is so terrible it's full of cheats. Even going back to collusion at cash games that Granny has talked about in the past yet, I have only witnessed this once. Jim Kuhn's hand from a while back, I was at the table that night.

I have yet to hear from Pacific Poker about this incident as I reported it instantly with all the proper information.

This hand cost me a critical pot at the time. I would have had the chip lead if GodLike2 folded.

Thanks for reading and your consideration.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 07-28-2004, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Pacific Poker Tournament Software Sucks...

I agree with you 100% joe, the thing that pisses me off so much with pacific is that no matter how many times i email them about bugs and glitches in their software they never do anything about it. For a company that prides itself on being the oldest/largest online gaming site they certainly dont act like the industry leader.
Recently i found a new bug,this is the best one yet... was playing a sitngo and got disconnected i reconnect and get disonnected again a few hands later( isps suck in costa rica)
i get back on and it was over, i got 3rd for 15$. Suddenly my balance in the lobby goes from 900 or so to 15$ after a few emails it gets rectified 3 days later, no apology no explanation not even an email to tell me they returned my money.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Question

Has anyone else ran into this disconnect/insta-reconnect issue?

It is not the first time I have suspected such an occurance but it was surely the first time it was confirmed.

I think if you pop your LAN cable in an out quick you can disconnect/reconnect near instanly. I have yet to try it.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 07-28-2004, 01:26 PM

For a company that prides itself on being the oldest/largest online gaming site they certainly dont act like the industry leader.

I'm surprised Mason's buddy, Dan Harrington has been sponsored by the Pacific. Either he has no clue about their software glitches, or just got too much money to wear their URL during the WSOP broadcast last year. As I think of Harrington as a stand up guy, and such an inferior product would not be to his liking/backing.

Suddenly my balance in the lobby goes from 900 or so to 15$ after a few emails it gets rectified 3 days later, no apology no explanation not even an email to tell me they returned my money.

This is bizarre, never hear of anything like it.

If the games weren't so good, there'd be no reason what so ever to play there. But they are, and like a drug, I go back.

Unlike other online players, I only play one table at any site for the most part. So, other than the lack of PokerTracker, I can deal with their other lapses.

However, this tournament cheat, was over the line for me and I'm seriously considering withdrawing everything again. I'll wait to see their response however.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 07-28-2004, 01:26 PM

Joe there is so many glitches that can be taken advantage of at pacific, for obvious reasons im not gonna post how to do it but
its so easy to go allin or even see a flop for free. I figured it out and emailed them how i did it 6 months ago at least and like i said in my previous post they didnt do sh1t about it yet.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:26 PM

for obvious reasons im not gonna post how to do it but

I'm glad you don't but I hope know what to look out for.

Thanks for your replies,
Joe Tall
Old 07-28-2004, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Question

Joe-
I feel your pain about this site. No matter how much you bitch to support about certain players whom always "convienently" disco when they are faced with a tough decision or are playing for a gutshot they do nothing about it. I think that the NL tournaments have no disco protection though! I might be wrong since I haven't played there since I won the $10K guranteed! BTW I was disco'd 4 times in that tournament and each time it was not my fault. I think I was reading some posts here while I was playing so I know that my Internet connection did not fail.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:43 PM

even see a flop for free

I've seen this happen several times. A few people limp, the next player times out, but the hand isn't folded. When the flop comes he gets to play like normal.

I didn't realize that people could do that on purpose.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:52 PM

Griffin, i have yet to see anyone abuse any of the glitches aside from the all in one in tourneys. Im sure 99% of the people that "see the flop for free" are unaware of how it happened and are not using it to their advantage. How such a huge error like that can go on for so much time at pacific is beyond me.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:04 PM

The "flop for free" does happen very often, but one that annoys me even more is when there is a showdown between 3 players, one of them being all in. The all-in player wins and takes the main pot and the side pot is awarded to someone without even showing the hand.

I had noticed that several times and finally last weekend I emailed them with all the data....they came back to me 48 hours later attaching the hand history so that i could check it....only thing...they forgot the attachemnt....I replied inmediately....but that was only Monday afternoon, so, I am still waiting!