Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2004, 12:34 AM

Default A couple of hands.. A couple of questions.

Good evening all! These hands are from the Bike $3/$6 tonight.

Results oriented hands:

Table read is pretty loose table (alot of people will cold call 2) BUT every other hand there will be a raise:

Bellzz has 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB.

5 limpers SB raises, what do you do?

Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Bellzz has 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG+1

UTG limps, I begin to put 3 bucks in the pot but I notice that the guy to my immediate left grabs for 6 chips. what do you do? I fold. Flop has a 3.

Bellzz has 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG. Again.. there may be three limpers or a raise and a 3-bet who knows.

Bellzz folds.

Board is 23K82.

I think they were all ok folds *except* maybe ther 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Other hands:

Bellzz has T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in LMP. UTG (TAG..sometimes weak post-flop though) raises.. 2 calls I call about 7 to flop.

Flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8:spade.

UTG bets 2 calls, I raise, and we lose 1 or 2 players. I raised my draw here because I though that there would be a few players that would call 2 cold which there was 1 or 2 that did.

Turn is 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG bets, 2 calls I raise we lose 1 player AND UTG.

River is 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, BB raises, I call. She shows T9o for a split pot.

Who continues to raise the Turn here?

Bellzz has Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB.

1 limp, 1 raise, 3 callers,CO calls 2 fold, I 3-bet all call CO caps, all call.

Flop is something like 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]j[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, 3 callers CO raises, I 3-bet, 2 callers and CO caps.

OK.. Am I beat? KK or AA is out there.

Turn is 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check(?) everyone check to CO who bets, I raise, initial raiser calls CO 3-bets, I cap, initial raisers calls CO calls. Hey I could still hit my flush on the river.

River is a 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Alright got my flush.. now what.

I check, check, CO bets. Ok I got the hand I wanted.. call(?) initial raiser calls.

Initial raiser has AJo CO has AA no club and MHIG! Was the cap a bit too much on the turn and should I have raised the river with only 2 cards that could beat me (which were likely since I put CO on KK or AA).

Thanks in advance,

Bellzz

P.S. Sorry about my sketchy hand descriptions. It's much easier to post a hand when you can just throw it in a converter. Maybe I should work on remembering the hands a bit better...nah just play poker!
Old 07-27-2004, 10:37 AM

Default Re: A couple of hands.. A couple of questions.

[ QUOTE ]
Bellzz has 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB.
5 limpers SB raises, what do you do?

Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I just had a big argument in the micro forum about this a week ago.... You'd be getting 13:1 assuming everyone calls, but SB is in the worst possible position and STILL raising, so he probably has something pretty dood.. "Reverse implied odds" was everyone's reason to fold.. It's about 10:1 to get a flush draw, which would be well worth it with this many players in. A couple weeks ago ida called this in a second, but now I'm not so sure it's a correct call.

[ QUOTE ]

Bellzz has 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG+1
UTG limps, I begin to put 3 bucks in the pot but I notice that the guy to my immediate left grabs for 6 chips. what do you do? I fold. Flop has a 3.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you thought he was gonna raise it, then I'd fold it too.. You wouldn't call 2 cold with that right? 1+1 is the same as calling 2 cold if you KNOW a raise will happen.

[ QUOTE ]

Bellzz has 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG. Again.. there may be three limpers or a raise and a 3-bet who knows.
Bellzz folds.
Board is 23K82.

[/ QUOTE ]
Since the table isn't extremely passive, I'd fold it too.. If you could count on 5 limpers and no raises, it's a caller, but you dont wanna get stuck in a raised pot with 22.... Bummer board dood..

[ QUOTE ]

Bellzz has T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in LMP. UTG (TAG..sometimes weak post-flop though) raises.. 2 calls I call about 7 to flop.

Flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8:spade.
UTG bets 2 calls, I raise, and we lose 1 or 2 players. I raised my draw here because I though that there would be a few players that would call 2 cold which there was 1 or 2 that did.

Turn is 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG bets, 2 calls I raise we lose 1 player AND UTG.

River is 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet, BB raises, I call. She shows T9o for a split pot. Who continues to raise the Turn here?

[/ QUOTE ]
Flop raise is mandatory.. Your 8 outs is about 5:1.. You had 7 to the flop, lost a couple, so ther's 5 on the turn.. The raise is gonna pay for itself with implied odds if the river hits, but you really need mostly everyone to call this raise, or you may be -EV.. You're only holding one card to the str8, you could chop or lose. You lost 2 more on the turn, which I'd expect.. Expect to lose a couple more on the river if you hit. If you DO hit, that's a scary board for everyone. I'd just call that turn bet. You should change your screenname to 'ballzz' [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Bellzz has Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the BB.

1 limp, 1 raise, 3 callers,CO calls 2 fold, I 3-bet all call CO caps, all call.

Flop is something like 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]j[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet, 3 callers CO raises, I 3-bet, 2 callers and CO caps.

OK.. Am I beat? KK or AA is out there.

Turn is 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check(?) everyone check to CO who bets, I raise, initial raiser calls CO 3-bets, I cap, initial raisers calls CO calls. Hey I could still hit my flush on the river.

River is a 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Alright got my flush.. now what.

I check, check, CO bets. Ok I got the hand I wanted.. call(?) initial raiser calls.

Initial raiser has AJo CO has AA no club and MHIG! Was the cap a bit too much on the turn and should I have raised the river with only 2 cards that could beat me (which were likely since I put CO on KK or AA).

[/ QUOTE ]
There could be a big flush draw out there too.. With all those players in, AKc AQc etc would be correct to cap the flop too.. AA or KK is likely too, if it IS out there, then he's 50/50 to beat you. Considering all this, I'd just call the bet in this case.