Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 01:55 PM

Default Being counterfeited is no fun

8/16 at the Bike. A 2+2er is sitting on my left. I'm in late MP...3 limpers to me, and I limp with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. 2+2er raises...I don't remember if the blinds called or not, all the limpers called.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP limper bets...he's a loose player, so it could mean an Ace, a Jack, or a draw of some kind. Other limpers drop, I raise, Jim 3-bets. EP limper calls, I call.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP bets out. I call, 2+2er calls.

River: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

EP bets, I fold, 2+2er calls.

A couple things about this one bugged me afterwards.

Comments?
Old 07-26-2004, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Being counterfeited is no fun

[ QUOTE ]
A couple things about this one bugged me afterwards.

Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, the flush draws made it (if there were any), and anybody calling with 2nd pair (jacks) made trips on the river.

Why didn't you cap or 4-bet (I don't know what the max is at the Bike) the flop? If EP leads on the turn after the cap/4bet with that queen of clubs on the board, there's a good chance your behind.

Good fold on the river.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:17 PM

EP could have been on a flush draw, but he could be betting with very little here if he's a loosie. Why not raise the turn while you still have a hand?
Old 07-26-2004, 04:47 PM

4-bet the flop. Then check the turn as your 2+2 friend is most likely to have made 2-pair by now or someone has hit the flush.

If EP still bets out the turn after the 4-bet flop, you have to call down as you're getting odds to fill up anyways. You might be drawing thin to AQ, but oh well.

It sounds by the river, the 2+2er has AQ specifically since he has enough to call. The other option is he has AK with the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. If he had AK without a club, I think he could make a discreet fold when you called the turn.

Garland
Old 07-26-2004, 05:17 PM

Default Results

EP turned over JQ for a full house on the river. The 2+2er didn't show, but later I told him what I had, and he said he had me beat on the river, so I think it was AK.