Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 12:55 PM

Default Re: biggest SNG pet peeve.

Definitely. Even worse are the ones who decide to take ten minutes to educate the fish while foaming at the mouth. At least a little enjoyment can be derived from spewing catch phrases and supportive comments in favor of the fish while all of this is going on.

Brett
Old 07-26-2004, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes I did blast into someone once but that was in relation to a suggestion that was extrmely "ignorant" and needed to be steped on fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

woo hoo! You stop ignorance faster than Smokey the Bear puts out forest fires! That's awesome! ha ha!! later! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will your ignorance ever stop? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Will my "display of lack of education or knowledge" ever stop? For a person who uses the word ignorant in every f-in time he writes you'd figure he'd use it correctly 20% of the time. Why don't you educate yourself in the field of respect for starters because you definitley have a hair across your ass or a Bicki stuck in it, billyboy. I'm gonna stick with posting at the classy non-yahoo, non-teenage, respectful type message board which URL i will not share. Over there you don't have to deal with 9th graders calling you ignorant because you want to learn more about poker. You deal with pro's who don't shoot you down for taking a stab.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:45 PM

But that is just silly. Sometimes it is in the big stacks interest to not tangle with the shortest stack. Imagine something like 6200, 1700, 1600, 500 with 75/150 blinds. Where the 2nd and 3rd stacks are playing passively waiting for the short stack to go out. If I'm the 6000 stack and I'm successfully pushing the 2nd and 3rd stack off all their hands I may not want to call the short stack all-in with some mediocre hand (say, J8) that figures to be a likely 1/3 to 2/5 say against the short stack, even when I'm getting to risk only 350 to win 1000 with the overlay (I'm in BB say). Because if I double up the short stack 2nd and 3rd position may well come alive, and if they stay passive I may well be able to steal another 1000 to 1500 from them with very low risk.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:49 PM

Bye.

P.s.

I have used the word ignorance after every display of your lack of knowledge (self knowledge)

Again if you think I was rude to you then you must be the most thin skined "man" on the planet.

By now you have of course have been much ruder than I ever was to you.

Pot meet kettle.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:52 PM

If I'm holding the big stack when down to last 4 I enjoy keeping small stack around...no reason to bust him out ASAP...better ability to whittle down the mid stacks with a few raises...

of course if I'm mid stacked then I silently curse the moron big stack for passive play haha...

Definetly busting out 4th is most depressing thing about these SnG's...finished 4th 5 times in row Saturday...tried for 6 in row but won the last one lol...
Old 07-26-2004, 01:53 PM

Yes this definitely annoys me. Even more silly are the people who start swearing after their "bad beat". Especially if it is something like AQ vs AK all-in preflop where the Q comes on the flop but the K is the river card. And then the person with AQ goes balistic and starts swearing at the person who had the AK for getting lucky and pulling out the bad beat. Gotta love that.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah. Yesterday, during the final four of an SNG, the short stack was on the BB with 1.5xBB after posting. The big stack min-raised and the BB called, leaving him with 0.5xBB. He executed a stop and go and pushed on the flop with a 1/8th pot bet. The big stack folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that isn't cheating i don't know what is.

Regards ML
Old 07-26-2004, 02:14 PM

DontPlayScared

Let me see if i can misquote you using your own words

[ QUOTE ]
But my biggest pet peeve is........

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
...........catching a bad beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I catch dozens of bad beat a week......

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
.......it is very frusterating........

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
.......especially when the other guy only has 2 or 3 outs,

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
No one wants to listen

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate bad beats too man. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Regards ML
Old 07-26-2004, 03:05 PM

Sitting with a moderate short stack, only to have a big stack call the very short stacks all-in with crap, doubling him up and making ME the short stack.

That and what happened to me yesterday.

I'm heads up, down a touch. I move in from the SB with QJs. He calls with Q20 Flop holds a Q, river 2 and I'm out- and he says "got tired". I don't mind somebody calling me with Q2, but somebody making a call they know is lousy because they were "tired". Grr...
Old 07-26-2004, 03:29 PM

Yeah, I agree with this particular peeve. You really don't want too many life-lines to be thrown to the short stacks. But then again I've caught a few as well and used them to go on to win. When you are short stack and the hi-roller calls with crap it can make up for quite a few bad beats or plain bad calls!

Perhaps the bigger peeve is to not be holding the cards to enable you to get in on the action too.