Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Re: The Dangers of a Limit Mentality

i think the above is the best line, and reasoning so far in the thread. i think this fish(me) would gone this route though, bet say 40/50 on the turn and thanked god almighty when he raised me, and called quickly as to give the i'm on the flush draw appearance. then on the river he may still think his hand is good even when the 8 falls. when you put the monster over bet/raise(perceived bluff) in because you missed your flush. but you have to really sell it to him that you are drawing for this to work. the times flush card hits its going to kill your action anyway when he has trips unless maybe it was the 3 of spades i dunno. id love to hear cero_z thoughts about this approach.
jason
Old 07-26-2004, 01:03 PM

If this player is as cautious as you say, you might not be able to get much money out of him even if he does hit his flush on a paired board (especially w/ a check-raise). I think this is all the more reason to bet the turn.
Old 07-26-2004, 01:17 PM

I would consider calling, but in the end, usually fold unless I had a great read. Too much chance of something like A6s there.

As for the hand, I don't mind an overbet here, but not one this big. This is big enough that many different types of players can fold a six. On the other hand, a pot-sized bet or small overbet here will often get raised.