Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2004, 08:51 PM

Default Give credit to the over-set?

MP2 is PFR 8%.
SB is PFR 18%.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Painful call, but the implied odds are huge.

Flop: (10 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Line of thought #1: I'm either way ahead or way behind. There's a chance one of them has QQ, and if not I'm happy to let everyone else draw slim.

Line of thought #2: at least one of them has AA/KK and will pay you off no matter what.

I chose #1, but considering the entire point of my PF call was implied odds, I think this was terrible.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Crap. Gave a scare card, folded the player more likely to have something worth paying off, and have no choice but to call down the LAG's KQo or whatever...?

River: (12.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Or maybe I missed some bets?

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.50 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>

To summarize, I think I should've raised the flop (100% of the time), called the turn (50%, depending), and bet/raised the river (80%). Ordinarily slowplaying + getting action on the expensive streets is ideal, but the texture made me surrender my testicles. Analysis plz.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Give credit to the over-set?

[ QUOTE ]
To summarize, I think I should've raised the flop (100% of the time),

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup
[ QUOTE ]
called the turn (50%, depending),

[/ QUOTE ]
No you should raise again
[ QUOTE ]
and bet/raised the river (80%). Ordinarily slowplaying + getting action on the expensive streets is ideal, but the texture made me surrender my testicles. Analysis plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are still getting action on the river then you can slowdown.

Bacially my play of the hand would be something like raise the flop, call the 3-bet, raise the turn, cap the turn.

If he still bets into me on the river I might consider calling depending on my read of my opponent.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:49 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I don't think you should be fearing KK or QQ from a guy who's too aggressive preflop.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:08 PM

Bottom line, you're right. Unfortunately, he had QQ. (Shame on me for the biased title, BTW.)

On the plus side, I paid him back justly:

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 <font color="purple">(lag buddy)</font> 3-bets</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 <font color="purple">(lag buddy)</font> calls, CO calls.

Flop: (14.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">lag buddy bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">lag buddy 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, lag buddy calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13.16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">lag buddy raises $10.5 (All-In)</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (18.41 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 20.41 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.41 BB, between lag buddy, CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (18.41 BB).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 2 BB, between CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (2 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qd Qs (three of a kind, queens).
lag buddy shows Ah 2d (one pair, twos).
CO shows 3d Kd (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 20.41 BB. </font>

I love Party Poker. (Yes, raise the turn, I know. The all-in made me push the wrong button for some reason.)