Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2004, 06:04 PM

Default The big games on stars

I've been playing on UB for a while and am thinking about moving over to either stars or party so that I can reliably find a game higher than 10/20. If I were playing at Stars it looks like the main game higher than 10/20 is 30/60 (i don't think i'm ready for the 100/200) and at party its 15/30. I've been beating the UB 30/60 but since it goes so rarely I only have like 50 hours (i'm also beating all of the smaller games, and with significantly more hours). I feel like I'm playing better than my opponents though. I know the party 15/30 isn't bad but I was wondering what people think of the difficulty of stars 30/60.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:26 AM

Default Re: The big games on stars

The $30-60 at Stars has definitely gotten softer, possibly due to the introduction of $100/200 and maybe even the new $15/30 games has something to do with it, making the gap down smaller.

I didn't play much at $15/30 at Party until quite recently, so maybe the games have gotten softer there too.

If you compare the $30/60 games at Stars a year ago with the $15/30 Party today, I am not sure there is a single player in the world who would be financially better off playing the Stars game, from an isolated point of view. However, if you were aspiring to player higher, one could argue that the $30/60 Stars games were a better training ground, thus perhaps making a period in those games indirectly more profitable.

These days, I am not sure. The $30/60 has seemed good when I've played there lately, but I haven't been there so much. I would still guess that you have to be in the upper 10% percentile of winning $10/20 players to make the $30/60 Stars game more profitable than $15-30 Party.

A lot of winning $10/20 players (from random sites) would struggle to even break even at Stars $30/60, whereas I think just about all winning $10/20 players would still be winning players at $15/30, perhaps even at a bigger bb/hour rate (and an even bigger $ rate) than before, as I suspect $15/30 Party to be softer than the average $10/20 games online.

lars