Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 07:07 PM

Default Re: THE UB SNG BONUS IS A SCAM

[ QUOTE ]
In some cases, the bonus will be worth a good deal than 10% of the rake, for example, say a 3/6 limit table has $3 rake per hand (conservative, sometimes it will be less), and you earn 1 ultimate point per hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot would have to be $60 (10BB) for $3 in rake to be taken. Any rake over $1 ($20 pot) generates the per-hand maximum of 1 Ultimate Point (UP). A $20 pot is just over 3BB, or just under 7 small bets. $3-6 is probably the fastest way to clear the bonus, but it's not the most efficient.

I was getting about .11 UP per hand at 25c-50c, about .19 UP at 50c-$1, and about .36 at $1-2. (Each sample here is over a thousand hands.) .36 points per hand works out to 36 UP per hundred, $3.60, which is 1.8 BB / 100h.

No, this isn't a great bonus like the Empire and Party bonuses I have seen. However, it's still decent. If you're going to be playing at UB anyway, it's a great way to rack up additional cash. I'm playing nothing but SNGs this month in order to take advantage of this -- tho I'm going to have to play the equivalent of forty thousand 2-4 hands to clear my pending bonus dollars. UB has, in effect, locked me in for the next three months.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The UB bonus is essentially a rake rebate, and in limit games it works out to about 2-3BB per hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

And don't forget you can start your own table (be 1st or 2nd player to sit) and earn double bonus points. It's a great deal for a $2/4 or higher limit player. For example, if you can beat the $2/4 game for $6/hour, you will be making about $6/hour in bonus bucks and $12/hr if you are getting double points. How many $2/4 games do you know of that you can beat for $18/hr? Now play 2 tables at a time and your making $36/hr playing low limit $2/4. It's an excellent deal. Stop whining about it!!
Old 07-22-2004, 09:40 AM

"3) games on UB are harder to find (less players) and possibly tougher (less fish?)"

I've taken a hop from VC poker SNGs to UB SNGs and am finding the UB ones a joy to play. I had a wee warm up on the .01/.02 limit game and was amazed at how tight it was - what the hell happened to no-fold'em hold'em.