Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2004, 03:16 AM

Default Red Sevens in the BB: I think this is a boring hand.

Turning Stone 15/30
Folded to MP who open limps. He has just recently sat down and seems very awful. He bought in for like 300 and his two favorite words are "check" and "call." Folded to the button who also limps. He's like most of the other regular players in the TS 15/30; he plays way too many hands and raises too much before the flop but plays reasonably well postflop. His limp means he does not have an ace, a king and a face, or pair better than 77. Hands like Kxs or suited connectors/gappers are likely, as are medium unsuited connectors. Solid SB completes. I check in the BB with red sevens.

Flop: AsQc5c
SB checks, I bet, MP calls, button folds, SB folds.
Turn: AsQc5c Ac
I bet, MP calls.
River: AsQc5c Ac 8d
Bet/fold, check/call, or check/fold and why? What did I do and what did my opponent have? How was my play on the other streets?
Old 07-22-2004, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Red Sevens in the BB: I think this is a boring hand.

Check. If he has a weak club or a queen or 9's or 8's he probly plays it exactly the same. Considering your read. If he has an A he probly plays it the same considering your read (scared of the flush). To many hands that can beat you or even raise you if you bet. Not enough that you beat.

You check, he checked, he shows a something like 45 a pair of 5's your 7's are good.

my 2 cents,
The big Aristotle
Old 07-22-2004, 03:36 AM

If he bets do you call?
Old 07-22-2004, 03:44 AM

Ike, what were doing at the stone? I used to play there 4-5 times aeeek before I moved out West. Anyhow I agree the river is an easy check. I dont see him paying you off with a worse hand, and he will call with hands that beat yours. I put him on a broadway draw or a bad queen. Unless he hasshown a tendancy to bluff too much I would probably fold on the river if he bet.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:06 AM

This is one of the hands that i like to turn into a calling station on the turn and a river. By betting on the flop you made that pot just big enough for him to bluff at. You most likely not pushing weak A or Q off that hand anyway (going by how you decribed your opponent) and if you think he would have bet a weak Q on the turn himself then letting him bet and check raising would work a lot better. On the river i am checking and calling. After checking the river your hand will look a lot like a blown flush draw and once again you catch the bluff bet that wouldn't be there if you bet.
Old 07-22-2004, 04:11 AM

Default Results

Only someone else who had played at the stone would know that he was drawing at broadway. He checked behind and immediatly flipped up his red JTo. If he bet I was folding, he wasn't the type to bluff at this pot.

I'm at the stone alot, I live in Syracuse. I do my everyday playing online but I go to the stone maybe 5 or 6 times a month to hang out with friends. You've probably never met me. I'm 18 as of less than a year ago and hadn't played higher than 5/10 until last month.