Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 04:12 PM

Default Using Wireless Mouse Online

I play 4-8 Tables at a time online and use a wireless mouse/keyboard. Im worried whats going to happen when the batteries on my mouse die/start to die. Will I know ahead of time? (Perhaps by declining performance?). What if I have a sweet hand when they die?

Has anybody had their mouse die on them while playing? Is this risk enough for me to go buy a regular mouse?

Mark
Old 07-21-2004, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Using Wireless Mouse Online

Mine gives a warning when the batteries are low. I just keep extras on my desk.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Has anybody had their mouse die on them while playing? Is this risk enough for me to go buy a regular mouse?
Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and yes!

$15-$30 holdem game. Flopped broadway with 4-way action. Wireless mouse battery craps the bed. Timed out after putting only $15 on flop (luckily had 1all-in left). Mouse flew to a rapid and violent dealth.

2 bits of wisdom I learned the expensive way:
A) Have spare batteries within 6 feet of your computer. Buy the ones with the little power meter so you know if they're good.
B) Spend $10 on a having an extra "wired" mouse on hand if plan A doesn't work.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:31 PM

I LOVE my wireless mouse. Thankfully tho it warns me ahead of time when my batteries are getting low, and I always keep a spare pair on my desk just incase. I had them die once while playing, had QQ in the BB and they died. I got them switched out in time, altho I lost the hand so I wish I hadnt, heh.

You can also invest in a rechargable wirelsss mouse, they are a little more, but then you never pay for batteries and you never have to worry about it dying because you can stick it on the charger when you are away
Old 07-21-2004, 04:36 PM

What brand is your mouse? I just got mine with my new Dell so Im not sure yet if they warn me.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You can also invest in a rechargable wirelsss mouse, they are a little more, but then you never pay for batteries and you never have to worry about it dying because you can stick it on the charger when you are away

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean there are actually wireless mice that are NOT rechargeable? That just doesn't sound right.
I have logitech MX700, it has yet to die on me once and recharges really fast.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:45 PM

Yes, sadly, there are both non-rechargeable mice and ones that don't give you a warning they're dying.

I really like the rechargeable Gyration mouse I switched to. You can control it with hand movements (i.e., no flat surface), so you can recline in a comfy chair and chill while playing.
Old 07-21-2004, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean there are actually wireless mice that are NOT rechargeable? That just doesn't sound right.
I have logitech MX700, it has yet to die on me once and recharges really fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought the MX700 recently. Great mouse! It died on me once while involved in a hand. Popped it on the charger for 5 seconds and it got enough juice to finish the hand. Beats the hell out of the old Logitech model that had the red light that kept blinking all night and drained the batteries.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:30 PM

yup, they make a non rechargable kind. Unfortunately I own one because I was to cheap to buy a rechargable one. So I have to replace batteries every couple weeks.
Old 07-22-2004, 03:17 AM

I have used a wireless mouse for about 2 years now. What happens when the battery gets low is the software will nomally pop up and tell you to replace the battery. I have had an occasion when it did not do that, but that was only once in all the time I have had this mouse. Do keep an extra battery around and you should not have any problem. You may want to practice changing it, as it can take a couple seconds to do... [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]