Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 08:21 AM

Default Player notes using Poker Tracker

I'm trying to figure out how to use pokertracker stats to categorize opponents online. Loose passive, LAG etc... Currently I am using VP$IP, PFR, Total Hands, Check Raise, and Win Rate. When I play, the only thing I find myself looking at is VP$IP. A high value = bad player. Low value could be good player. Currently, my style of play doesn't really take into account this extra information. I respect PFRs from good players a little more.

Can anyone tell me what tracker stats they use and how they identify player type from them? I can figure out how to differentiate my play once I can figure out player type. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Player notes using Poker Tracker

I like to look at WtSD and W$SD, basically it tells me if they're a calling station and also if they'll let their hand go unless they've got the nuts or close to it.

Also aggression levels on the different streets could be good so if someone who rarely raises the turn wakes up you might have a better indication that they're on something.

Folded to river bet is another one I look at for the same reasons to see if they'll let go or call all the way.

Honestly I haven't used all of these nearly as much since I moved from PS which had a fairly regular lot of players to PP I mainly just fire up a Game Time window and keep it refreshed every 10-20hands.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:06 PM

i'm sorry, maybe i'm just dumb, but you use the game time window (clearly something i've never used)? i've only had PT for about a week now and obviously haven't got the full benefit yet. if you could explain how what you do is useful, that'd be great. and if there are any other features that i may not be fully utilizing, please, someone, make me aware. thanks all.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:28 PM

Mssunshine response
Old 07-21-2004, 08:24 PM

I include:

1) total hands
2) BB/100
3) VP$IP
4) pre-flop raise %
5) aggression factor
6) check-raise %
7) went to showdown %
8) won $ at showdown
9) folded to a river bet

If you shorten the abbreviations, it all just fits in under the character limit. Just play around with it to find out which stats you like. The downside of all this is that there isn't any room for more personalized notes. Between the stats and the 50+ hands I need to have played with them before I bother exporting their data, I find that I get to know the bad guys pretty well and don't really miss the personalized stuff. Then again, I've never been a note taker. Used to drive some profs nuts when I'd consistently show up without any books. If something is too important to miss, I write it down and manually imput it into Poker Tracker for safe keeping.

Hope this helps some.