Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 04:52 PM

Default Re: the OFFICIAL \"dutch boyd crew is gay\" thread

If the are really gay, don't you think Norman Chad would be nicer to them?
Old 07-21-2004, 05:23 PM

Default boyd is alright... its the one guy whos a tool

Hey guys

dutch boyd is alright... Hes no where as classless as his douche friend fischman

yeah obviously fischman was an arrogant classless ass... But in the 03 WSOP boyd was real nice...

Hes the kinda guy who acts somberly when he outdraws

I even saw him apologize to a guy in 03 after outdrawing him..

The guy replies "thats poker"

anyways

yeah there crew is so lame

but fischman is the only ass
Old 07-21-2004, 05:29 PM

Can't say i'm surprised to see such a reaction to "The Crew". Right of the bat, I found that segment to be pathetic. I would argue with the consensus - they came across as a bunch of arrogant, ego driven players. Seems to me they've read a few too many of the Tiltboy trip reports.

That said, regardless of how you feel about Dutch Boyd & Co., I would argue that "The Crew" may actually be a positive for the game. They add personality to the table. One could draw comparison to McEnroe in the tennis world. You may not find his lack of sportsmanship to be pleasant, but he draws an audience. Simiarly so, Dutch Boyd & Co. may have inflated egos, but they are memorable.

Character at the table is in part what will maintain a television audience. Anything that adds color to the game is a positive.

Will I deposit money at a Boyd Enterprise? Of course not. But do I understand why ESPN gives the kid so much air time? Yes.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:04 PM

I think some of my reaction to Dutch Boyd and the Crew is really more in regards to ESPN. It just annoys me that they are the biggest window into the under-25 poker players that ESPN has decided to showcase and they're so stereotypically classless, ignorant ("We're gonna take over the poker world!") and generally juvenile. They're just embarrassing. I realize these feelings are almost entirely irrational (why the hell should I care?), but well, there they are.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:11 PM

Jagbags!

IIRC, Dutch Boyd owes a lot of people a lot of money from the internet poker site. I am surprised he can show his face in public, especially in the poker world. Maybe the crew are his bodyguards. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Taking poker world by storm...well yeah kinda

I can't speak for Dutch Boyd or Brett Jungblunt, but I do know Scott Fischman a little playing with him in local Vegas Tourneys...he's not as bad as he was depicted. Yes, he's a little cocky and arrogant, but I've never seen him berate or belittle his opponents. I think it's just him being excited of the thought of winnings a WSOP tourney. Heck, if I ever won a WSOP, I'd be jumping for joy too.

Also, Scott Fischman generally has given me respect and was very friendly when we interacted.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm with you on this one - when Presto got sucked out on I knew Fischman had made some kind of pact with Satan.

BTW, how bad was his all-in push on the turn when he had top pair (hole cards were T9o I believe) and Awada had 2 pair (85o)? What would Awada lay down that is beating him? And what would he call with that is losing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not so terrible if he decides that hes going to call if he checks and his opponent bets...in that case its better for him to just bet out himself. Perhaps his opponent had an open ended straight draw- that would've been a great bet in that situation.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
every hand to do high fives, hand jobs, the wave and the hokey-pokey.

[/ QUOTE ]

all at the same time?? now that would be impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i'm sure they know how to "shake it all about."
Old 07-21-2004, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Norm Chad REDEEMED!!!

I saw him last month at Bellagio playing 10/20 NL.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:02 PM

We should rename their gang from "the crew" to "the little rascals". Now, which one is Spanky??