Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 02:58 PM

Default Re: the OFFICIAL \"dutch boyd crew is gay\" thread

The best part of that segment was the gay nicknames that they give each other (probably alot of thought went into these during their daily circle jerks where Dutch ran pivot). The guy who won his nickname should have been Kentucky Mudflap since he was obviously a redneck. That big, dopey looking guys nickname should have been Grimace from McDonald's fame, Dutch is obviously Unibrow, and the others you can call Mongloid 1,2,etc. they are interchangeable so don't worry about offending anyone. I hate these guys and hope they end up poor and destitute. So destitute that the next time I am in Vegas I will find Dutch trying to turn tricks in the airport bathrooms.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:04 PM

I laughed when i heard about "The Crew"
Old 07-21-2004, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
did anyone else flip thier tv the bird everytime it showed dutch boyd? i thought they looked like the typical nerd herd from high school. i bet dutch was the dungeon master of thier D&D club.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy flurking schnit!!! That is priceless! I bet Dutch still plays with his "crew". "Roll the 20 sided die to see what waits for you when you flop on the table after the big win!". *the roll is a 20* "You have just became the coolest man on the face of the planet" "wait a minute the DM Guide says nothing about me giving you a blow job Fisch but I will anyways"
Old 07-21-2004, 03:18 PM

I don't hate them 'cause they're young; I hate them cause they're young dicks. At least with an old guy who's a dick, you can think that maybe he deserves to be, you know? Maybe he's got world experience that turned him into a dick. With a 23 yr. old who's a dick, it's usually just arrogant posturing. Which SHOULD be made fun of.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:18 PM

The most annoying part of Fischman's "performance" was his constant running over to Dutch for reassurance. He looked like a little puppy.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:21 PM

Considering I have a a Masters in English, you're right; I should - and do - know the difference between the three. But as I'm sure you're (not your!) well aware, it's easy to make a typo like that when you're not paying complete attention.

And since you so eloquently flamed yourself, I now feel no need to do so.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2004, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just remembered at lunch that Fisch DID muck QQ (very publicly) against Washington, right? I think that's what happened right as i turned on the TV. So we can see that he's capable of making the big fold . . . ONCE. I think his tremendous ego worked against him from then on because he couldn't lay down 98 after hitting top pair on flop, betting out, and getting raised all-in. Or is that the one he WAS able to fold HU? (I think the carbs at lunch have seriously downgraded my already not-so-reliable memory.)

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 87, flopped top pair, and yes he did fold to the all-in re-raise.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Taking poker world by storm...well yeah kinda

I must be one of the few who thought the best player (Fischman) won the 1st event last night. I didn't think it was close. As far as the cheering, who cares. Keller who won the 2nd event last night was cheering wildly as well.

Do I like Dutch. No. Would I ever play on a pokersite he runs. No. But jeez, as Ed said his crew did quite well plus moneyed a several other times.

Was Scott over the top cocky, sure. But he did win 2 wsop bracelets.

Ken Poklitar
Old 07-21-2004, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Taking poker world by storm...well yeah kinda

The difference is that Keller only got super happy like twice, and once was when he won.

Not that I paid attention, but none of the play in the first event impressed me. I did like Fishman stating that he wanted Washington heads up, because dick move or not- he was totally right.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:44 PM

I never seem to see any girls hanging around the Crew. Do you think there's something there? Will we be seeing them on Bravo, cleaning up some guy's apartment and taking him out for a new wardrobe?