Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 02:35 PM

Default strategy in limit ring games

these games seem so loose that even when you have a winning hand such as trips you are bound to lose to a straight or something if you dont make a full house. There are just too many opponents. is there any trick to getting them to go away? Obviously you cant make a pot sized bet.

Jake
Old 07-21-2004, 02:40 PM

Default Re: strategy in limit ring games

geez, could someone point me in the direction of these loose micro-limit games, pacific poker has been tough lately.

PS-you want them to chase with any pair
Old 07-21-2004, 02:47 PM

Many before you have asked this very question. You speak in broad terms, but I understand your concern. Here is the thing: all the loose player playing with marginal to crappy hands who call you down WILL MAKE YOU MONEY IN THE LONG RUN. I promise. You have a general concern, so I will address it generally: tight aggressive play wins money. Your premium hands might get cracked a lot of the time. But if you play correctly this will be more than offset my the times they are not cracked.

Playing correctly means long term winning. Short term is based a lot on chance. Just hang in there. Your trips will hold up enough times to make you money -- you might have hit a rotten run of cards. I know sometimes it seems the suck outs never end.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:55 PM

Default Please read this

The search function is your friend.

If you have a specific question or a specific hand, I'll be first in line to offer suggestions. But this is wasting everyone's time.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:00 PM

this sounds good in theory but when you have five opponents arnt there more cards in the deck that hurt you than help you? how can you expect to win with any consistency if you are at 30% with trips?

Jake
Old 07-21-2004, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how can you expect to win with any consistency if you are at 30%

[/ QUOTE ]
Answer:
[ QUOTE ]
you have five opponents

[/ QUOTE ]
who are calling you down.

Do the math. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

If you can't beat games like this then you have work to do. Post some hands you aren't sure about or at least read through and respond to some here.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Please read this

It is very true that in aggregate, these players' loose play will pay you off. I was very aggravated at their play at first, mainly by such things as AK losing to 8 2 off. But then I stepped back, soaked in some more books, and realized that my EV of the way I play against the way they do is much higher. It all works out in the long run.

A good example, I dropped 70 BB in 2 days in a series of bad beats. I played the hands correctly, just got sucked out by weaker hands. I was very angry at this losing streak, but I decided to just keep playing my game because I knew it would pay off. And just a week later, I was up and over those lost 70 BB. It just takes time. Hang in there.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:15 PM

Chief:

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how can you expect to win with any consistency if you are at 30%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

Quote:

you have five opponents

who are calling you down.

Do the math.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very Nice.

--Rico