Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 12:04 AM

Default Re: ready for new games?

"are the games good and how do i play?"

Well, they usually are not full games, and they are not as good as holdem games for the limits, but just start an account at ultimatebet, and we'll get the guys and get fun game going, like our commerce game, but online [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. . . .it's a nice change of pace from holdem and it's just fun to try to just one's poker skills in a new game. You will especially like the numerous opportunities for river check-raises, bluff raises, and river bluff check-raises. . .
Old 07-21-2004, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Current poker boom - how long can it last?

is 25 years a big enough sample? During those 25 years the average amount of debt that an american carries has increased dramatically. This is probably the bubble that will cause things to backslide- a period of low to negative economic growth when banks/credit cards are unwilling to take the losses (individual, not overall) that are likely to come.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:21 AM

That is of course true. I wasn't really trying to imply that poker is like those games, just that I don't think the money will dry up as fast as others do.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I think that in the relatively near future, the legal issue of internet gambling in this country will be addressed. The ultimate solution is predictable. The government cannot stop it, so they will attempt to regulate it and to tax it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like was done with (currently) illicit drugs and prostituion?

I'm not sure what the rationale is for our (US) government when it comes to "allowing" what some may consider to be sinful behaviour. One thing I believe is certain, I can find no rationale.

I think there is a decent chance that some of the more Puritanical forces at work in the US goverment may win out ultimately and the overt legalisation of on-line gaming in the US may have to wait until after passage of the "Patriotic Crack Revitialisation Act".
Old 07-22-2004, 05:07 PM

I hope the poker fad lasts a while longer, but reality TV can't go away soon enough for me. Five minutes of "Fear Factor" or "The Batchelor" makes me nostalgic about such gems as "Gilligan's Island", "My Mother the Car" and "Mr. Ed".