Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2004, 08:28 AM

Default Two hands for review...

Hand #1 (no reads, just sat down)
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) [Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.66 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero folds.

River: (10.66 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB

Hand #2

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10.66 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (18.66 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21.66 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ts Td (three of a kind, tens).
CO shows Kh 9c (straight, king high).
Button shows Kc Ks (one pair, kings).
Outcome: CO wins 21.66 BB. </font>
Old 07-17-2004, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Two hands for review...

Hand 1 is pretty strange. You're only beat by AQ/KQ, sets and crazy two pairs on the flop, so I think you should have called it down. The ace sucks but it's not devastating to your hand.
I think you have raise it on the flop in hand 2. There's never going to be a shortage of action with a jack and ten on the flop and you might make somebody with an eight or nine fold. Also you should have raised preflop.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:29 PM

Hand 1 is tough.. not really sure how to play it, but I'd probably call the turn and see what the river brings.

Hand 2, you need to raise preflop. On the flop, I don't have a problem with the initial slowplay, but why not 3-bet when it gets back to you? The only one you might fold is the CO - the rest of them will definitely pay 1 more SB to see the turn with weak draws (overcards, gutshots, etc.) but may fold to a bet on the turn.

On the turn, I'd probably 3-bet. Is that too aggressive? CO could have made a number of hands besides a straight, and you'd love to trap the other players for more bets.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:44 PM

BigBait,

For the second hand, was your "raise" button broken? I would have raised preflop, reraised the flop when the action came back to me, and reraised the turn. I think you lost a bunch of bets on that hand.