Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2004, 07:57 PM

Default AQo hand

Loose Table, Opponent is a major fish 45/9 who has been complaing becaise his crap hands get beat.

Absolute Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.70 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.70 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (12.70 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Kd Jd (two pair, kings and jacks).
Hero shows Ad Qc (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.70 BB. </font>

After this hand I took a ration of #$%^ of him and a couple other fish. I thought that I played it correct. Comments?
Old 07-17-2004, 08:17 PM

Default Re: AQo hand

Two points:

1) You played it fine.

2) Don't let trash-talking fish upset you. If their opinions on poker strategy actually mattered, they wouldn't be fish, would they? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2004, 08:25 PM

What kind of fish is he? any 2 card fishy? or just run of the mill dominated hands out of posistion fishy?

On the turn you are getting like 7-1 on your call. Most likely he is holding something on the xJ variety (AJ, KJ, QJ, JT), youve got 4 outs to the nut straight and some over card outs, but you dunno if they are clean or not. Your queen outs are particularly bad because KJ, QJ, still would beat you, and with either over card out you are drawing dead to QJ,QT,JT, and all the other possible 2 pair hands.

Given his fishyness tho I think its a it turns a close decision into a call.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
youve got 4 outs to the nut straight and some over card outs

[/ QUOTE ]

An 8 gives him a straight as well - so surely you have to add at least 3 more outs to the total (maybe discount the 1 because of the chance the opponent has KQ?)
Old 07-17-2004, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
youve got 4 outs to the nut straight and some over card outs

[/ QUOTE ]

An 8 gives him a straight as well - so surely you have to add at least 3 more outs to the total (maybe discount the 1 because of the chance the opponent has KQ?)

[/ QUOTE ]

good point, I forgot about the 8 outs. and I dont think KQ is likely given his flop play. Its definately an easy call then