Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Re: What is the largest pot (in Big Bets) you have ever won?

in a 150/300 seven stud eight or better game at the mirage many moons ago i won a pot with 60 big bets in it. i was clearly ahead at all times in the hand and got the action anyway. shows it happens at all limits.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in a 150/300 seven stud eight or better game at the mirage many moons ago i won a pot with 60 big bets in it. i was clearly ahead at all times in the hand and got the action anyway. shows it happens at all limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah i remember my last $18,000 pot like it was yesterday [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

seriously though anyone remember the picture zeejustin posted a while ago where he was in the stars .01/.02 with $100 and he went all in for 5,000 BB? that was funny
Old 07-14-2004, 08:23 PM

This is a NL game so it's not the same but you'll still find it insane. Happenned last night at Commerce. Note MP1 just sat down and moved all-in 5 hands in a row either pre-flop or on the flop, he lost them all. This, btw, caused the entire table to tilt and start gambling like drunken roulette players.

$100 Max Buy-in NL Holdem $2/$3 blinds:
Preflop: Hero is UTG with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 (Crazy guy) raises to $20, MP+1 fold, MP+2 calls, CO folds, Button Calls, SB fold, BB calls, UTG raises to $100, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls all-in for $90, MP1 Calls all-in for $100, MP+2 calls all-in for $100, calls all-in for $96, BB calls.

I have $600 more and the BB has about $400 so he's the only one who can damage me.

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players)
BB checks, UTG bets $150, BB folds. UTG

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

River: 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Pot comes in around $600 for 200BB. My full house stands up!
Old 07-14-2004, 08:34 PM

Party 1-2 NL, I have 800 and my opponent has 600. He limps in EP and I make it 10 with KK. He raises to 24 and I call. The flop was 9 8 3 r and he checked. I bet 40 and he raised to 80, I called (maybe wrongly, but he was tricky and there was definitely some chance the hand would get checked down if he was bluffing.) The turn was a 4 and he bet two dollars, I called (again, maybe wrongly). The river was of course a king and he moved in, 600 blinds come my way. (he had aces)