Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2004, 03:19 PM

Default Re: When do the crazy calls stop?

[ QUOTE ]
When do the crazy calls stop?

[/ QUOTE ]

The same time I quit playing
Old 07-14-2004, 03:25 PM

Rodey,

If you raised UTG with AA and everone respected your raise, everyone would proceed to fold and you would pick up the blinds and never make any real money. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Is that really what you want?

-Jarid

edit: thought your name was Rodney.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:25 PM

I read this post before the replies started rolling in, and I almost warned him of what was to come. You guys are so predictable. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

--Rico
Old 07-14-2004, 03:40 PM

Be nice to Rodey, he's new and has no idea this thread has been done 4,502 times before.

Bottom line, it takes more to win at $0.50/1 because more people stay in. It happens less at higher levels, but still happens. I gotta say, if the $100/200 games played the same way the $0.50/1 games play I'd sell my house to get together a 500BB BR, quit my job and make a mint playing poker a couple days a week. The $0.50/1 game is beatable for 5BB/100 hands, earning me $2K/hour four-tabling an equivilent $100/200 game.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is 15/30 going for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm running bad. Only 3000 hands so far. I will prevail if I don't go crazy first.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:55 PM

Rodey,

I see that this is your first post. Please don't take the other responses the worng way. People are being serious and they are trying to help you improve your play.

Nobody is suggesting that you should actually feel happy when a pot gets dragged by someone else when you were a huge pre-flop favorite. What they are saying is that you want your opponents to make these huge mistakes, e.g. colcalling with Q7o to your raise, over and over and over again. WHile you will more than occassionally lose to someone who "should not havebeen in the hand in the first place", in the long run you will be making beaucoup bucks off these people when your hands hold up -- which they will. For every time that one of these players sucks out on you there will be many others when, for example, you are being chased by someone with Ax who is hoping to catch an Ace and they are drawing dead to your AA but paying you off all the way.

I hope this helps.

Colgin
Old 07-14-2004, 04:04 PM

Well thanks to bonus whoring you got some room, I got faith in ya!

How would you compare the 5/10 and the 15/30? I know you only got 3k hands for now, but whats are the first impressions...specifically pre-flop looseness and post-flop toughness.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:59 PM

I am new to 2 + 2 and I'm sorry for posting something that has apparently been posted far too many times before. Thanks to everyone who responded and I'll try not to ask anymore dumb questions. Bear with me.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:12 PM

It wasn't a dumb question.

Who was it that quoted "It's immoral to let a sucker keep his money." Well, whoever said it was correct. Let them call your raises with rags, you're the one getting paid off.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well thanks to bonus whoring you got some room, I got faith in ya!

How would you compare the 5/10 and the 15/30? I know you only got 3k hands for now, but whats are the first impressions...specifically pre-flop looseness and post-flop toughness.

[/ QUOTE ]

So far in Pokertracker they are slightly looser than 5/10 and slighty tighter than 3/6. That seems right to me. There is much more pre-flop raisiing. Almost every pot is raised.

Compared to 5/10 I think the good players are better and the bad players are worse. Its like a really aggressive 3/6 game.

Those are first impressions. I'll let you know more in a few weeks if I still have any money.