Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2004, 01:32 PM

Default A10 with 4 to go

I laid this down because A. I felt my hand was already beaten. B. I didn't want to end out of the money. But I still wonder, should I have pushed preflop instead of calling? Or did I save myself from uncertain disaster? I've burned myself a couple of times with this hand messing with it on the flop so I'm more cautious on the flop, but was my play wrong pre-flop.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter

SB (t1580)
BB (t3605)
UTG (t1425)
Hero (t1390)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG raises to t400, Hero calls t400, SB folds, BB calls t200.

Flop: (t1300) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets t350, BB folds, UTG raises to t700, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t2350

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. UTG wins t2350. </font>
Old 07-12-2004, 01:48 PM

Default Re: A10 with 4 to go

AT is a pretty strong hand four handed, i would have gone all in instead of calling the 400 bet (30% or your stack) and i would have definately pushed after the flop. if your opponent has a better or ace or two pair, so be it. but folding after you have half your stack in the pot and only 3x bb left afterwards............not easy coming back from that.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:53 PM

This is very bad, I must say.

You called a 400 bet with 1400 chips. That is a no-no. If I am committing 400 chips with 1400, I am committing all of my chips. This is a clear all-in or fold, and it all depends on UTG.

Has he min raised a lot? Does he call a lot? I may pass this spot up if he is a tightish player. If he is not tight, this is a clear all in. I'd need to know more about UTG.

Calling is horrible. I don't even call with AA here.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:03 PM

Yeah thanks. He hasn't played in quite a few hands so I knew my mistake was calling him. But I still managed to squeek by into the money after someone else got busted by him lol.