Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2004, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Fold KK pre-flop?

[ QUOTE ]
Miracle flops happen in b&m's too.
No conspiracy theories please.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is no conspiracy theory. I don't think Big Brother is watching or that aliens have planted mind control devices in every Ace. However, I do believe that I see more action flops online than I do at a brick & mortar clubs. And I'm not saying that anyone or anything is behind this. It might have to do with seeing more flops online than you do at the brick & mortar. Whatever the reason, I stand by my comment and say that you are more likely to run into a hand like this online than you are at a brick & mortar.

I wish I was better at math, I would like to see the odds of 3 players out of 7 being dealt pocket pairs and two of them being pocket Kings. This discussion will definately have me thinking about of few more angles the next time I get pocket Kings. It still is a strong hand and very tough to lay down, but maybe not as tough as before.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2004, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is no conspiracy theory. I don't think Big Brother is watching or that aliens have planted mind control devices in every Ace. However, I do believe that I see more action flops online than I do at a brick & mortar clubs. And I'm not saying that anyone or anything is behind this. It might have to do with seeing more flops online than you do at the brick & mortar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you hit it there. Most people play many many more hands online than they do at a table. It's logical to assume that they are far more likely to notice that there are, for example, ten times as many action flops and bad beats online than to notice that there are ten times as many normal hands.

Brett
Old 07-10-2004, 10:01 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Glad to read that you called, even if you ended up losing your chips.

If you are against AA, so be it, but normally you should thank all the saints in heaven that 3 fishes are willing to go all-in against your KK.

William [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2004, 10:15 PM

I muck KK here in a NY minute. You have to figure someone for some kind of an Ace. If not AA then AK or AQ. There's too many players in this pot and it's only going to take one Ace on the flop to bust you.

Let them go to war with each other. I love to sit back and watch.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I muck KK here in a NY minute. You have to figure someone for some kind of an Ace. If not AA then AK or AQ. There's too many players in this pot and it's only going to take one Ace on the flop to bust you.

Let them go to war with each other. I love to sit back and watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL what nonsense is this. The odds are that you are against a couple of underpairs or/and several aces (which means there are not so many of them left in the deck).

You just sit back and watch while somebody else takes all those chips (and the lead).

William [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2004, 10:26 PM

Ok I read all the replies and thought about this some more and I don't think it's even close. Once the BB goes all-in I'm gone every time without even thinking. This is a situation you should already be prepared for. No need for thinking now.

If the BB had mucked it's a completely different story. MP could have gone all-in with a wide range of hands. SB being semi short stacked could also be calling with a lot of hands. But the BB who you admit is good and tight should be the end of the line for your KK.

Anyone advising to just jump into another sit-and-go should instead be advising to just wait for another hand. One will be dealt in about 4 seconds.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:30 PM

Hmmm, typical weak-passive type.

You got a long way to go dude, good luck!

W.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:44 PM

I disagree William.

And I dont consider myself weak/passive at all.

I certainly see why its an OK call, but I think its also a good fold. The key to me is he says he has a read on the BB as a tight player. This makes me fold. By folding you still have lots of chips, and the field gets narrowed down nicely.

Risk Vs Reward, and I feel the reward (as often as you will get it) is not worth the risk(as often as you will get knocked out/crippled)
Old 07-10-2004, 10:59 PM

A good read? In this case it means an exact read. The odds are against you.

If he had JJ, even QQ, I could accept the "good read".
In this particular case it is a very bad play to fold.

William
Old 07-10-2004, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is no conspiracy theory. I don't think Big Brother is watching or that aliens have planted mind control devices in every Ace. However, I do believe that I see more action flops online than I do at a brick & mortar clubs. And I'm not saying that anyone or anything is behind this. It might have to do with seeing more flops online than you do at the brick & mortar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you hit it there. Most people play many many more hands online than they do at a table. It's logical to assume that they are far more likely to notice that there are, for example, ten times as many action flops and bad beats online than to notice that there are ten times as many normal hands.

Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

so true, so true.