Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2004, 03:47 PM

Default has anyone played a tournament set up like this.

Most tournaments ive played in are of a standard nature. Is this worth the buy-in? If so any advice?

http://www.thewiredpair.com/sttm_july10_11.htm
Old 07-08-2004, 04:33 PM

Default Re: has anyone played a tournament set up like this.

I'm sure there's plenty of bad players to make it worthwhile. Round 1 is just like a super-sat, so survival becomes more important than accumulating chips, so don't take marginal situations without significant overlay. Round 2 is just like a regular 50 person tourney, so go ahead and take those marginal situations with plenty of overlay. good luck.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:58 PM

i played in one very similar, and will never do so again(though the payout structure is better in this one). the reason is that at the finals, everyone starts with the same chip count. that means you can run over the competition, have say 15% of the chips in play, then, in effect, give your chips away to other players before you even get dealt a card on the final day. also, there is no overlay, as all the re-buy money goes into the pocket of the event organizer, not to the prize pool.

cheers!
Old 07-09-2004, 07:26 PM

I was considering playing in this tourney, but the fact that 50% of the pool goes to charity definitely shuts me out of it. That said, there should be tons of dead money in this tourney, and if/when you qualify for the main event, making the money should be fairly easy.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:01 PM

i think im going to play. See if this is right, If i move upto the final round for $50 it like winning a 360 buy-in (based on 18000 prize pool max) also it the only real tournament i know of this weekend.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think im going to play. See if this is right, If i move upto the final round for $50 it like winning a 360 buy-in (based on 18000 prize pool max) also it the only real tournament i know of this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

you aren't counting re-buys and add-ons. this could make your investment much more than $50.00.

cheers!
Old 07-10-2004, 03:58 PM

My brother and I are actually playing in this tourney. What is your name maybe I will see you there. I was a little skeptical about the format as well but I also figured there should be a ton of dead money.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:18 PM

how did you both do. i finished in the top 25. i played real tight figured only had to out last. finshed with about 30,000 in chips. if your going to be there sunday let me know, it would be nice to meet some 2+2ers
;
Old 07-11-2004, 09:10 AM

I busted out with about 50 people left when I had AA and some dude who was horrible had KQ and caught a Q on the flop and a K on the river. Had I won that pot I would had around 14-15K and definetly would have made the last 25.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:52 AM

Default update,

well i got to tell you these guys know how to run a tournament. they do use volenteers for dealers so you have to be patent but the people running the tourn. know there stuff. the tables are great the chips are nice. the comp was weak even at the final 50. i limped into 10th and was able to finish 2ed. i hit a straight on the river with seven of harts but made the winner a flush. if you live in this area (cincinnati) keep the website in your favorites [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]