Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2004, 08:51 PM

Default Re: SODA, WHY ?????

[ QUOTE ]
and your swings should be lower playing shorthanded. You will obviosly have more 1K dollar downswings during a session but you should be able to win a larger percent of sesssions played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting you bring this up, because I've been starting to wonder if there's some truth to this statement or if I've just played so much shorthanded now that I suck at full table.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:53 AM

So far, it has been my experience that what you say is true. I can win much more consistently and win more money playing just 3 short 10/20 games than I can playing 6-8 full 15/30 games.

But, my 15/30 full ring game is not fully up to par with my short 10/20 game, so this little experiment is going to continue until I'm fully convinced that 10/20 short is more profitable.

Also, I seriously think I'm running bad. It's just a thought and I have absolutely no way to back it up. Also, it might not be true. I might just suck at this right now.

But, I'm learning and hopefully it will wind up being more money than the short games.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

soda
Old 07-05-2004, 09:10 AM

It is a different game. Lots of good ten-handed players fail to win short-handed and vice versa.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Party 15/30 Stats

[ QUOTE ]
played 15% of the pots preflop according to Party's little "stats" button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't the blinds eat you up when you play this tight? Especially if you aren't at a very loose table.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:44 AM

soda,

[ QUOTE ]
Now, what do people think about this retardedly tight strategy? Is anyone else doing this? Is it working for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

i am doing it. it works during my cold streaks (forever). i feel retarded as well. but winning in tough times can still be pleasing, while stressful.

i definitely want to revert back to my casual-aggressive style, but lately it's been "not working".

Kenny
Old 07-07-2004, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I win 8% of my hands I generally have a winning session, 7 is hit or miss depending upon the size of the pots I win'lose. 6% of pots won is most of the time a losing session.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty close to what I get. Generally 7% or over is a winner. I see 15-20% on average.

I will say that when the preflop number is closer to 15% and the win number is closer to 5% there is a decent chance of me being down just a little or even

When the preflop number is 20% and the win is 5% or less it is not goot. I did have a spectacular 15k hand run of 18% flops seen and a whopping 4% wins - that was good for losing 200BB's - needless to say I had some holes too. All better now and I have decided to keep 400-500BB available for comfort.

Orange
Old 07-07-2004, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I win 8% of my hands I generally have a winning session, 7 is hit or miss depending upon the size of the pots I win'lose. 6% of pots won is most of the time a losing session.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty close to what I get. Generally 7% or over is a winner. I see 15-20% on average.

I will say that when the preflop number is closer to 15% and the win number is closer to 5% there is a decent chance of me being down just a little or even

When the preflop number is 20% and the win is 5% or less it is not goot. I did have a spectacular 15k hand run of 18% flops seen and a whopping 4% wins - that was good for losing 200BB's - needless to say I had some holes too. All better now and I have decided to keep 400-500BB available for comfort.

Orange

[/ QUOTE ]

the numbers usually mean the same to me as well. thanks for sharing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2004, 10:01 PM

An even run over 20k, while unlikely, is mathematically possible in this game; as it is in the 10/20 6m. Hence it's pretty pointless to analyse play/stats and comment on other things, i.e. multitabling.