Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2004, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Attacking ZeroRake

Syntax, are you and Gator the same person?

The reason I ask is because you once wrote this:

I first started posting on the 2+2 forums in 1999, back then I was a UF student and posted under the name "Gator".

Thanks for clearing this up for all of us.

Cup
Old 07-07-2004, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Syntax, are you and Gator the same person?

The reason I ask is because you once wrote this:

I first started posting on the 2+2 forums in 1999, back then I was a UF student and posted under the name "Gator".

Thanks for clearing this up for all of us.

Cup

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure but I think syntax said someone had taken the name "gator" when he came back to posting here
Old 07-07-2004, 06:36 PM

why are you talking to the person who is talking to you?

edit: oops, just saw cup's question. guess that is a different gator. funny that he sounds like a rakefree employee too though
Old 07-07-2004, 06:51 PM

I have similar feelings as you Gator. I thought it was a great discussion topic for a poker forum board, that being a rake free site and what it could mean for us players in the long run. I was also accused and attacked as being a shill for the site. I also have been accused of being Dutch Boyd.

I'm assuming it's just all the affiliates here attacking people. It's a known fact they frequent this board heavily.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming it's just all the affiliates here attacking people. It's a known fact they frequent this board heavily.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is they don't post on every single thread on that topic, anytime their affiliate site is mentioned. Most of them also post actual poker content in other forum threads.

You registered a week ago, and have made every single post relate to zerorake somehow. What are people supposed to think?

FWIW, I completely support the concept, and hope that it catches on. I just hope this isn't the extent of their marketing plan.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:42 PM

I post about it because it's new and the only thing that has interested me here so far. I think you 'old timers' are just very paranoid if anyone posts something you construe as being shillish. Chill out.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I post about it because it's new and the only thing that has interested me here so far. I think you 'old timers' are just very paranoid if anyone posts something you construe as being shillish. Chill out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I'm chill.

I also find it hard to believe that someone who understands rake, and is concerned about it, wouldn't find some of the poker-related threads interesting.

Trust me, the "old timers" would love to see a site like this succeed. But most of them, who have been around far longer than me, have seen many many sites flame out because of a poor business model. If they feel that part of zerorake's plan is to spam the message boards to gain customers, then I don't think you can blame them for casting a somewhat suspicious eye toward this venture.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When over 90% of your posts are about the same subject over and over and over, it tends to get old.

I'll give you credit though. You did post one about ICP and how their monthly bonus is coming to an end (false), the fact that you are going to China, and there was one rather memorable "eom".

Your "fascination" with this ONE subject, leads me to believe you probably spent hours mesmerized by a two piece puzzle when you were younger too.

Stop beating everyone upside the head with this. We get it. You have done your duty, we know about the site.

Time to put down this one piece puzzle and move on to others topics.

Husker
Old 07-07-2004, 08:41 PM

Wow, the depths to your paranoia concerning other posters goes beyond reasonable to obsessive.

Don't ever try to tell me what I can and can not post on a public poker forum. Do you feel you are someway the poker forum censorship enforcers? Do you feel that belittling posters serves your purpose?

To what ends justify your means? What is your true intent acting with such malicious behavior? What are you afraid of?
Old 07-07-2004, 08:58 PM

Hey we got a 7 handed 2-4 game going and a 4 handed 10-20 going at 9:00 pm est. I think some guys are trying to get a guts game going as well. So far in a half hour I saved $8 in rake.