Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2004, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Impressions of Ultimate Bet SNGs

If you want to work on your bubble play, UB is where its at. The SNGs seems always to boil down to 3/4 tight players that end up battling for ages. Aggression really pays of in the $10 SNGs when on the bubble. Blind stealing is a piece of cake and it is usally quite easy to tell if you are up against a stronger hand.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
on the $20 6 maxes....
0/2/1/2/0/0/2/0/0/2/0/1
which really doesn't feel too shabby....but that 4 out of 5 stretch out of the money really drags down the numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know how you feel. I really hate those times I can't break into the top 6 on a 6-max table.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can't break into the top 6 on a 6-max table.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't tell if this is a typo or a weird joke.
obviously you ment top 2 to get ITM.

i've spent around $1300 on the SNG's....and am $30 in the black for an AWESOME 2.3% ROI.
Top That!!!!

of course, i also get the $650 bonus-cash too.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:55 PM

Sorry, just a weird joke. I was referring to the 8th and 10th place finishes on what was supposedly a six-handed table. I was in a weird mood yesterday. [ QUOTE ]
on the $20 6 maxes....
0/2/1/2/0/0/2/0/0/2/0/1

[/ QUOTE ]

But now looking at it closer, I see there's actually 12 numbers there, so I guess I just didn't understand what your notation meant.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:50 PM

He's using the notation "place/place/place/...", each number being a different tourney.

MicroBob: I think the standard notation is #1stPlace/#2ndPlace/#3rdPlace, etc. Hence my previous entry of 3/3/6/9/7/11/3/2/0/1, which means 3 first place finishes, 3 second, on down to no 9th and one tenth.

BTW I don't think 10-20 tourneys is a signifigant number. I've had runs of 5 out-of-the-money in my short amount of play so far, as well as a couple wins in a row or 5 of 6 in the money, etc.

But, again, I'm not that great a player. I'm learning and winning a bit; about 20% ROI. And that's at the $5 table.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:27 PM

I have a pretty small sample so far from UB SnGs..

Played 4 6 Player 50+5 SNGs. Finished 1st twice, 4th once, and tied for 6th once. The tie for 6 was awful. I was UTG with QQ and raised it to 120. SB re-raised to 300 BB cold-calls and I push. SB has a 22 and the BB has an 99. 22 makes a set and is GUUD!
Old 07-08-2004, 03:51 AM

ah yes....then it was I who was in error...i apologize.

i looked at your results but didn't really LOOK at your results.

i do remember wondering about that 11th place finish you had in the middle there but i thought it might have been a couple of 1st place finishes and you forgot the slash.

anyway....the way that i showed is how i scribble it on my notepad.

my big comeback is continuing today....my play is better and better i think and i'm very pleased with my results.
i also won a late-game kind-of short-stack all-in with 22 against AA as the mighty deuce spiked on the river.
it takes true SKILL to pull something like that off.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:19 AM

The $20 games are no easier than the $10 I've found but don't form a table so easily. I've kind of given up a bit though, only playing 1 or 2 a day.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:15 PM

Hi. All this talk of UB SNGs being quite tough has given me some confidence. I mostly play $5 an $10 Ten Seaters on UB. I've only been playing for about 6 months but fair ok, and have had lots of money finishes. In fact I get real disappointed now if I don't make the money! I must admit I got my ass kicked a bit when I first started playing them, but now I feel like I've sussed out how to play them. I'm going to start playing the $20 ones as soon as I have over $400 in my account (I have a personal rule that I need 20x the buy-in to play). I've never played on PP or PS, which it seems most 2+2s do. But anyway, if UB is quite tough then it can only help to make me a better player :-)