Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2004, 07:46 PM

Default Anyine else make this play

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks,

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 bets, CO folds, Button calls, Hero raises, MP2 calls, Button calls.

I was planing on just check/calling but the MP2 had made weak raises before and I thought I could slow him down and take control of the hand.

Turn: (5.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP2 folds, Button folds.

I didn't like the 2nd Q coming but I since I showed strength PF I would try to take the pot right here knowing they would fold if they didn't have a Q.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Hero wins 6.25 BB. </font>

BTW after the hand one of them asked if I had the queen, Would you lie and make them think they made fell good?
Old 07-06-2004, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Anyine else make this play

It looks like a good hand to me. Nothing like a bet to see if someone has a queen and to follow through with your PF aggression. Though what would you have done if you were raised?

As for the person asking you if you had a queen, I would either not answer them or tell them yes because the obviously aren’t reading you correctly.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:26 AM

Well it's a good play since you have the read on MP2 and really it's not a bad play anyway since you are getting proper odds with your flush draw if both call. If there's any chance at all that you could win without a showdown as there was here then you made the right move.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:06 AM

looks fine.

don't tell them too much. information sells. a simple yes is fine as they will believe what they want.

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 07-07-2004, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW after the hand one of them asked if I had the queen, Would you lie and make them think they made fell good?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was gonna say anything at all, I would tell him it costs at least one turn bet and one river bet to find out. You gotta PAY for info like that...

Nice play, the turn bet is good, you get 2 there + a couple more on the river if it hits.. Plus you might win without a SD, which is fine too!
Old 07-07-2004, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, can't remember.