Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2004, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Update

everything you are saying makes sense, but you got this care free attitude that is bewildering. Its easy for you to sit there and tell everyone to calm down and relax, but I would be interested to see your reaction if you were in my friend's shoes. I would like to see you shrug your shoulders when the best thing Party can say "oh well, sorry". They are not even trying, they can block two people from playing together because they have an IP association, but they cant help when someone is reporting fraud? Christ.

Besides, no one ever demanded anything from Party - I simply suggested it would be a nice gesture. Quit over dramatizing everything.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:03 PM

Makes sense. Oh btw, the machine is perfectly secure - because its offline. He is in a new apartment and doesnt even have an internet connection, yet there is still activity on the poker account. As of now the account is frozen and they are going to take precautions when they set up the new internet and their wireless router.

All I want for him to get are the IPs, but they are being particularly difficult about that.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:05 PM

wow! i thought i was being calm, not over dramatizing everything. if it was me that lost or almost lost cash of course i would be pissed. all i'm saying is i don't think he has any recourse either way, that's all.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
everything you are saying makes sense, but you got this care free attitude that is bewildering.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your only disagreement is based on tone of voice? on an internet message board?

It seems this Daryn character has been misinterpreted more often than the Leboneese gentlemen inspecting my car this morning at the gas station.

It seems that you both agree that there can be no reimbursement when nothing has been lost. And yeah, you both kind of overdramatized it a bit. Ask Daryn what he thinks about Party's reaction, and you quite possibly will agree with eachother even more.

Just try to read responses more objectively and not take personal offense. I tried to think of a way to state that so it doesn't sound sarcastic, but then I got lazy. So no offense intended.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:49 PM

agreed, just wish Party would be more cooperative i guess. But i just dont think they care enough and why would they right?
Old 07-06-2004, 04:57 PM

its hard to read people over a message board - its true.

i am genuinely upset that this had to happen to a good friend of mine so in addition to the coldness of communicating over the internet, i am hyper sensitive to anyone that might consider any of this "whining" or "crying". All i am trying to do is share information and hopefully get some back. good reply anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2004, 06:00 PM

the fact that someone played on the account AGAIN is just weird.

i wonder if the culprit also hacked into the e-mail account and therefore had access to the new password.

i also wonder if perhaps these guys, when they were able to get the previous password and info, were also able to somehow set up on of their addresses as a 'validated' address at party...so that when the e-mails on the new password were sent out they were sent to both your friend as well as the hacker-guy/s.

i would DEFINITELY look at the roommate on this issue. to ignore this as a possibility is just plain silly.

the account might have been hacked or the password might have been stolen some other way...but i'm not sure party can be held responsible for either scenario too much....you are responsbile for your own security.
i agree with daryn on this issue....including the tone in which his ideas were stated.

if i were in this situation i would be exploring all avenues....i would appreciate some help from party on this matter regarding identities and ISP's etc....but i would be more concerned with shoring up EVERYTHING on MY computer.

i would change every password and probably have it taken to a shop to get a thorough cleaning.
Old 07-07-2004, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Friend\'s Party Poker account got hacked, what to do?

hi,

i haven't read all the replies to this post so somebody may have mentioned this, but i once heard someone bring up an interesting point about using the same username and password on different sites. my point is that someone working for one site could use info they can access from their site for another site if a player used the same username and password. just throwing this out there.