Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2004, 05:08 PM

Default Playing 3-6o out of the BB

I was involved early in a tourney with blinds at 20-40. I'm in the big blind with 3-6o. Two limpers, next guy goes all in with only T70 remaining, button calls, small blind calls.

It costs me T30 to play, and I'm in second at the table with around T1300. I call, prepared to fold for any large raise from one of the two limpers, who both call.

I get the dream flop of 3h 6s 10s. With 2 spades on the board, I bet the pot, all fold and I beat the all-in's QQ.

The beratement by people at the table mocking me for playing 3-6o would not have bothered me, except there were a couple people who I've played several times and are competent players.

It still makes sense to me to play this hand. Am I wildly off base? Thanks.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Playing 3-6o out of the BB

1st, there was no possibility of a reraise. the all-in raise was for only 30 with a big blind of 40. any all-in that is not as big as a legal reraise would be (in this case, 40) does not reopen the betting - you have the option to reraise but if you flat-call then they can only fold or call.

that said, i'd still fold pre-flop. being out of position sucks, and having a player all-in sucks. it means you can't bluff/semi-bluff.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:07 PM

The call is easy. If you can't make that call, I suspect that you are ending up short stacked come bubble time.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:12 PM

I would have done exactly what you did.
On top of it, you will likely get free cards as nobody is going to bluff into a dry side pot.