Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2004, 08:12 PM

Default How badly did I play this?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.66 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button bets, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.66 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 bets, Hero folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 15.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.66 BB, between UTG+1 and Button.</font>

Results to come.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:21 PM

Default Re: How badly did I play this?

Obviously the worst possible flop for you, I fold this one after the button bets and gets 2 callers. BTW, if you're going to fold the river unimproved, then why not just fold the turn? You're not getting odds to spike your 2 outer.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:23 PM

I was going to call the river, but the EP unexpectedly decided to bet out, which changed my game plan.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:38 PM

Go head and look at the turn with your backdoor royal flush draw. After you don't help you have to fold. Your 2 king outs won't even be good here alot of the time.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:27 PM

Hi, with a cap pot I usually guess that some one has AK-AJs plus. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Tight game fold. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2004, 10:24 PM

Like one of the previous posters, there is a good chance you are up against an ace. But - one thing I think about doing in these situations (I don't always do it) But you could have at least bet out on the flop instead of not being the agressor, then you find out if the button reraises, then at least you can pretty much put him on an ace with just one small bet - and you can get out of the hand right there. Another option might be to check the flop - and then reraise if the button bets out - which he did, When you checkraise you are now at least representing an ace with a big kicker - or maybe AT, this may give you some leverage as far as getting the the 1st guy out of the pot for you. (Maybe hes on a draw) Now you have a pot that is heads up against someone you check raised. You have nice leverage here...You may be able to bet the turn and he will fold an ace with a weak kicker. I dunno these are just some ideas about how to give yourself some more edge. I don't like calling in your position though. It's just too passive and gives you very little info...
Old 07-05-2004, 10:45 PM

I think Jokers right. Its worth a shot to take a look at the turn to see if u can get a backdoor flush or straight. But dont expect to win this, and chances are your opponents arent going to fold an ace with a weak kicker. The pot as big as it is, they are at least gonna call with probably any ace. Dont try bluffing 3 players out of a big pot, unless its christmas and your feeling very generous.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:55 PM

I'm betting out this flop. If the button raises and either UTG or UTG+1 call, then you can throw your hand away right there. If everyone calls, then I check-fold the turn. If button raises and there are 2 folds, I check-call to the river.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:23 PM

Default Results and Thoughts

So my thinking was as follows: The button capped preflop, so if he is fairly sane, that would limit him to only holding two hands that beat me, AK and AA. I think I would have heard from the EP player on the flop or turn if he would have had AK and maybe even AQ, although AJ was a realistic possiblity. However, since I didn't, my plan was to call down this large pot.

The EP betting out on the river screwed up my plan though. At that point, I figured I must be dead and folded.

So EP bets, I fold, the button thinks and thinks, and finally calls the bet. EP turns over 88. Button turns over 99.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Results and Thoughts

Not being results-oriented, but if you called the turn you MUST call the river for one bet. The pot is simply too large for you not to.

I probably would've folded on the turn however.