Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2004, 01:02 PM

Default New Poker Room - Harrahs St Louis

Its still a little tough for me seeing the transition of the Harrahs company - OPENING poker rooms instead of their previous mindset of Closing them. But anyway --

Their new poker room in the St Louis Riverport facility had a "soft" opening this weekend. Their official grand opening (Moneymaker visit, etc) is still scheduled for July 15th.

The room is very nice and spacious. 12 tables, very quiet and all new equipment. Big new tables, nice comfy chairs, even new chips. AND ! even a special new $5 Poker Room chip.

They had a stud game going while I was there and a few tables of 3-6 holdem and started a 6-12. Some of the nightime dealers are new and inexperienced. Manager Vito (yes---the same Vito from St Charles) will have all the kinks worked out before the grand opening.

Other features include;
- swipe in/out for comp tracking, but they are just giving away $5 food coupons for now.
- at the table clock timer "bugs" for those away from the table.
- 3rd man walking rule and buy the button option. This is radical stuff for Missouri poker.
- a cashier IN the poker room. Only one in St Louis. You don't have to go on a walk to buy chips or cash in.

Overall - a good looking, nice new facility. Good luck, Vito. Good luck, Harrahs
Old 07-05-2004, 02:35 PM

Default Re: New Poker Room - Harrahs St Louis

I'll probably go on the 15th, I wouldn't mind getting a look at Moneymaker. I was playing at Ameristar Friday night, and they certainly didn't lose any business to Harrahs soft opening. I sat from about 4-10, and when I left at 10 the wait list was about 4 1/2 hours for 3/6.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:23 PM

Is this new room on a boat or land?
Caesars Indiana has about 12 tables and
it's a pretty nice poker room.
Aztar Evansville crams your ass in like sardines.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:13 PM

I am sure it is a boat. I posted my trip report on Tunica, had a great time.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:55 PM

I was at Ameristar Friday from noon-1:30am and even though a lot of players said they were leaving to check out Harrah's at 7 the room was packed and the lists were hours long. The $6-12 I was in was too juicy to leave.

We did hit Harrah's Saturday morning and there were a $3-6 HE and $3-6 stud game going on before they opened a second HE table at 10am. Dealers in that shift were greener than green and we probably weren't getting much more than 25hands/hour.

It is a nice room though. They need to fix the lights and open a closer bathroom. Having the cashier and soon-to-open drink fountain in the room is nice. Tony and Vito were both very friendly and helpful.

One nitpick I have (besides the lights and hike to the toilets) are the play-over boxes. Those things are huge!