Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2004, 07:28 AM

Default Going to Vegas soon! Where to play some NLHE?

I cross posted this in the B&M forum, but I figured you guys would be able to help out with the NL questions specifically, so here it goes:

This will be my first trip to Vegas since getting into Poker last year. I play low limits of all shapes and sizes.
I'll be staying from July 11th to July 18th.

I am looking for mostly something like $200 or $100 Max buy in NL tables. Or some low buy in tournaments.

Also interested in playing low limit Stud and Omaha. I know low limit Hold 'Em tables are all over the place, but any advice on where the best ones are would be appreciated.

I am actually staying at a friend's house who lives on Lake Mead, so I will have a rental car. But a nice central place to park would be good.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Going to Vegas soon! Where to play some NLHE?

The Bellagio has a $200 buy-in $2/$4 blinds NL game. I played in it about a month ago. Good mix of players, very beatable. They also have a bigger game ($10/$20 blind NL), but you mentioned you were looking for the lower limits.

Binions occasionaly has a $1/$2 blind NL game with no set buy-in. This table usually doesn't open up until at least 2-3 pm. Very soft game from what I saw.

The Palms has a $2/$5 blinds NL game with a $500 buy-in. I have heard these are good games as well, though I did not play myself.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Going to Vegas soon! Where to play some NLHE?

I wrote a couple of posts a month or so ago with lots of detail about Vegas. Here it is:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...fpart=1#754811

Hope you like it!