Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2004, 09:28 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Request for Babysitting Info

i'm not worried about foul play at all really, just concerned about getting some kind of crappy potsmoker or whatever by going with a random/non-corporate selection.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:26 PM

This post, and the reply I got from Clarkmeister, were the type I was hoping for. I didn't expect to hire a stranger, but hopefully the 17yo daughter or son or a regular poster who wanted to come to my hotel and babysit my daughter there. As he said, I would prefer to trust Clark's daughter over the stranger hired by the reputable service. And I suspect it also would be cheaper as well. Double bonus.

I busted out of the tourney on day 1 anyway, and the babysitter wasn't ever needed, nor will they be.

Thanks for the help by those who offered it.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 07-05-2004, 01:26 AM

Default Re: DUDE! Are you serious?

Not only that when u can invest 10K to play in a tourny... the least u can do is spend $120 on your kids. $30 an hour seems inexpensive to me for a professional service in vegas.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

yeah, i'm sure you couldn't find anyone staying at the bellagio who is worth 5 million dollars, i think you are all too paranoid.

[/ QUOTE ]

the number of millionaires staying at the bellagio has no impact whatsoever on my point of view. perhaps you misread my post.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:55 PM

Default Re: DUDE! Are you serious?

[ QUOTE ]
$30 an hour seems inexpensive to me for a professional service in vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't think of any professional service in Vegas that would be $30/hour or less.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

yeah, i'm sure you couldn't find anyone staying at the bellagio who is worth 5 million dollars, i think you are all too paranoid.

[/ QUOTE ]

the number of millionaires staying at the bellagio has no impact whatsoever on my point of view. perhaps you misread my post.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, i think you misread MY post, my point was that a person worth 5 million dollars, who is staying at the bellagio would HARDLY raise an eyebrow, and my guess is that greg barely gets noticed right now.