Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2004, 04:42 AM

Default AK

Im new to a NL 300 max buy in home game with blinds at 2/5. i sit down with 150. my stack size is at 130 when i pick up AKoff. Im 2 off the button playing 10 handed. Two early position callers, the guy sitting to my right raises to 30. What do i do? Well, I can either call, make it 60 to go, make an all in bet, or fold. Heres how i played it. I called the 30, the next 3 pass and the BB calls the 30. The limpers fold. The flop is A 6 8 rainbow. Its checked to me and the pot is 102 and i am sitting with a stack of 100. What now? check or bet? I decided to move in for the full 100. Was this played correctly?
Old 07-03-2004, 06:14 AM

Default Re: AK

[ QUOTE ]
What do i do? Well, I can either call, make it 60 to go, make an all in bet, or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you have to raise all-in? Because you don't want to raise half of your stack? You figure if you're betting that much you might as well bet it all? Because you figure it's going to end up there after the flop anyway?
Old 07-03-2004, 06:43 AM

Calling preflop is OK. Pushing on the flop is the right move for this scenario.

However, with good positioning I generally like to reraise with AK. I would have made it 90 here or push as you said.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:45 AM

I don't like pushing even though you have position, AK is a drawing hand after all. The raise was big enough to show that he has a strong hand. I'd just call and push on the flop or bet 60 into that pot.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:36 AM

Call the raise . You want sopmeone else to come along as well. When the flop comes, I tyr to get some value knowing that the rest is going in anyway. I bet $50.00 (half pot) tyring to get a call there. if anyone calls/raises, its all going in.

Played well preflop.