Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2004, 03:22 PM

Default Is this collusion (or unethical?)

several of my friends have Party accounts. We mostly play low limits (.5/$1 - $3/6 and NL SnG's up to $30+3). We rarely play at the same tables and if so it's usually after a few drinks and we're trying to beat each other as well as the others. We never chat during the games, play improperly or share hand information during a hand, but we do exchange off line emails discussing previous hands, making "what was he thinking?" comments and such. However we have occassionally pointed out the superfish (as if this really needs to be done) and/or shared a name or two from our buddy lists.

other than cutting into my profits a bit (which I don't really care about) does anybody see a problem with this?

If we are playing at the same table do the other players have a right to know that we know each other?

Thanks.

-Jeff
Old 07-02-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Is this collusion (or unethical?)

from your description it doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. you are sharing observed information about players at the table, but it's not something that anyone else at the table can't see. plus you both know who the bad players are, i don't see you guys gaining much from each other.

i see no problem.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:28 PM

As long as hand discussion is after the fact I see no problem with it. Matter of fact I do something similar.

I do make it a point to not use an IM and rather a PM or e-mail usually after the session but occassionally after the hand is over.

Sharing information about opponents style is part of the game, pros have been doing that since the game was invented.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:29 PM

I don't see anything wrong with this at all. As long as you arn't discussing a hand in progress, or betting differently in order to aid someone, then there is nothing wrong with chatting about the players and such. Hell its no different than the people who do it AT the table right in front of the guy they are talking about.