Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2004, 11:28 PM

Default QT hand: when do I bet?

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks,

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets, Button calls, Hero folds, BB folds, UTG+1 folds.

River: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
CO bets, Button calls.

This hand just baffled me. Do I bet the turn, and fold to a raise? And when I chose to check, should I have called a bet?

At first I thought I should have bet the turn and not been scared of the seven. But under that reasoning shouldn't I bet the flop and not be scared of the king? I am very confused here. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2004, 11:40 PM

Default Re: QT hand: when do I bet?

When do you bet?

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks,

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero... NOW!! Bet Go., BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

If you get raised here, or on the turn, you have decisions to make, but by checking in both places, you've left yourself with little information.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:45 PM

Hmm... I've always checked second pair on the flop in early position. Should I bet just for information? And should the number of players in the hand affect my decision?
Old 07-01-2004, 11:49 PM

5 to the flop
small pot
2 diamonds
second pair
maybe I'm weak tight, but I think I'm check/folding the flop
Old 07-01-2004, 11:50 PM

Oh yeah, out of position
Old 07-02-2004, 06:05 AM

Dids is mad [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would check the flop and call one bet. Then I would check/fold the turn unimproved.

When it checks through it is time to either bet out on the turn or do a little check-raise. Chances are with a CR you will pick it up right there.

k
Old 07-02-2004, 08:12 AM

I think betting out on this flop is a mistake. It would be good chance to take it down headsup or possibly against 2 players, but not with 5 players. I would check on the flop and call just one bet. Check/fold the turn unimproved.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:26 AM

I would probably bet the flop. There is a very reasonable chance you hold the best hand.

Once the flop is checked through I don't see how you can't bet the turn. If you are raised then you have a decision to make. But check/folding that turn after the flop checks through just doesn't seem right. I'm suprised at several suggestions to check/fold so soon here.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:26 AM

Against that many players I doubt you will end up holding the best hand, the turn isnt very good either, so check folding is ok to me

-Sent
Old 07-02-2004, 09:40 AM

It's unlikely that anyone holds a K since the flop was checked through. I think is is more likely that CO is betting the turn with a hand that QT beats or splits with(another Q, middle pocket pair, semibluff, or even just A high) than a hand with a K or trip 7's. I actually don't mind the fold (given that hero did check and there is a bet and call to him) as much as the lack of a bet on either the flop or turn. Although since the bet came from LP I really feel that hero probably folded what was the best hand on the turn.