Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Re: The Results...

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Anyone thing check calling is better here or is that too wimpy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Way too wimpy. You do NOT want the completed straight and flush draw to freeze up a TP hand into checking through on hand 2. Bet and call a raise.

EDIT:
[ QUOTE ]
I still can't figure out how (or why) to make great reads when my opponents are playing these hands in this manner... Anyone is liable to do anything with anything at anytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is experience and practice.

[ QUOTE ]
I really should slow down my decision-making process a bit - although I am usually (so I think) right or close enough to right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always take a couple of beats to decide or make sure when I play now. I used to not do this. It helps tremendously. And since I do it all of the time I think it gives nothing away.

Old 07-01-2004, 04:10 PM

Default Re: The Results...

I really should slow down my decision-making process a bit - although I am usually (so I think) right or close enough to right.

This is one of the more important reasons why multi-tabling is bad.

All you have in poker is your decision-making skills, and every single time the action comes to you, you should be actively making decisions based on the entirety of what you know about your cards, the way the hand has developed, the players involved, and the odds.

A good habit in live play is looking left before you act. Obviously, it's helpful if your opponents indicate how they're gonna act, but it's also a good habit (even against the most stone-faced opponents) because it gives you another second to think, and that second is crucially important.

Anything you can do to enhance your window of thought at the table without killing the action vibe is EV+. Taking five seconds on every decision will tend to tighten people up. Taking a couple of beats on close river decisions will do nothing but help.