Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2004, 03:22 PM

Default playing connectors in 6max?

Hi all,
this is my first post here. I recently decided to try partys NL 6max-100max-buyin games. First 5000 hands shows I'm doing ok, but not as good as I should.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, I know 5000 hands is nothing, but when I looked my results with pokertracker, I noticed couple of things. I hope you who have more experience than me can give your opinions about following assumptions:

-Position seems to be very important.
-only suited connector which shows profit regardless of position is AKs.
-playing suited connectors except AK from blinds is not profitable
-playing from non blinds is or should be profitable

and what about offsuited connectors? Are they worth of playing (others than AKo), and if they are, from which position?

I know I shouldnt be drawing this kind of quick conclusions based on 5k+ hands and I know I need to learn a lot more how to play this game. There are xxxload of things I've to improve (I've been playing 6max for 2 weeks...), but still..

I hope someone could give comprehensive answer to these issues.

-FuzzyLogic
Old 06-30-2004, 03:43 PM

Default Re: playing connectors in 6max?

I think I play a few too many hands in the 6 max, but I *think* that I play well enough post flop, but I am now getting pokertracker soon, so I will let you know.

In the mean time, I play suited connectors and most one gappers down to 54s. I play the unsuited connectors only when I have position (CO or button).
Offsuit connectors I play anywhere are QJ, J10, KJ, KQ A10 and up. I personally think the next tier hands suck, K10 A9, A8, Q9 and dont play them unless suited. I will play things like 910,67,78 all offsuit on the CO or button if people have already limped. They arent great hands, but they occasionaly win big pots with two pair or better and that combined with the good position (against some players, the cards dont always matter) makes them slightly profitable in my mind.
Again, we'll see when I get PT, maybe I am in for a rude awakening!

FsuPlayer

BTW That is a very small sample of hands9I played 2k yesterday in 6hrs), you should def. see some profit, esp. in the suited connectors higher than 9, unless you are getting into one pair trouble...dont do that!