Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2004, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Dealing with Party

[ QUOTE ]
3) I wanted to make a new deposit without instantly losing $20

[/ QUOTE ]
So did you ever get $20 from them in the first place? If you did and you didn't fulfill the requirements, I think you're in the wrong not expecting to give the $20 back. If you never got the $20 bonus from them to begin with, then I can see your problem. I suspect it's the former.

Regardless, I guess you need to ask yourself whether you value ever playing at Party again at more or less than a one-time $20.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:02 PM

Yes I did receive a free $20 as have many others.

The requirements are as follows:
[ QUOTE ]

Congratulations! You have been awarded a bonus amount of $20.00 and the money has been added into your account. You are free to use this bonus amount to play at PartyPoker.com. However, if you wish to cashout the $20.00, you will need to play 120 raked hands before 28-JUN-04 23:59 EST .

If you fail to do so, we will be forced to claim it back from your account. For more details and disclaimer, click here.

For those that cannot be bothered to click the link:

“CashOut Restricted” bonus means that the bonus amount is deposited in your real money account. You may play on the real money tables with this bonus BUT you cannot cash it out until you have played the required number of “Raked Hand” with in the Bonus Validity Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the deal is at the end of the period they will attempt to take back $20 or whatever remains whichever is the greater.

My issue was that they:

1) Did not reclaim at the end of the stated period
2) Tried to suggest that the $20 would be hanging over my account for all time with a non-existant "new policy".
3) Again completely misunderstood my email and replied with something that did not have anything to do with my initial response
4) Did not appologise for any of the above

Last time my issue was that after losing a free $30 that they gave me, I tried to do a friend a favor by cashing out a transfer to give the real money from my NETeller Debit Card withdrawal, however they tried to make me play the raked hands as I was still in the bonus period - I can understand that from some angles I was in the wrong that time, but this time I feel that I am definitely in the right on every count.

In any case they have now cancelled the "expired" bonus so someone who can read english must have received my 3rd email.

Just a warning to you all out there that you may be trapped into a "negative" balance even though you read all the fine print....

Integrity is one of Party's strong points, which is why I rarely play there.

John
Old 06-30-2004, 12:05 PM

I don't mean to be a dick, but I still just have one question that you won't answer. Did you get $20 from them with the understanding that you would play 120 raked hands?
Old 06-30-2004, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Party Support Revisited

You'll find that 'colour' is the spelling everywhere except the US (and territories i guess) - I'm in Australia.

Regards, Punter
Old 06-30-2004, 12:23 PM

No.

I got $20 from them with the understanding that if I did not play 120 raked hands they would take either $20 or the full balance of my account back at the end of the promotional period if that was not $20...

If the deal was - we will "lend" you $20 then I would have approached the bonus in a completely different way, but that was not the case.

John
Old 06-30-2004, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
or the full balance of my account back at the end of the promotional period if that was not $20...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure this was in the T&C?
Old 06-30-2004, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No.

I got $20 from them with the understanding that if I did not play 120 raked hands they would take either $20 or the full balance of my account back at the end of the promotional period if that was not $20...

If the deal was - we will "lend" you $20 then I would have approached the bonus in a completely different way, but that was not the case.

John

[/ QUOTE ]
So you got free money and now you're upset because you didn't hold up your end of the deal (you only played 17 hands, not the agreed to 120) and they want it back. It wasn't that they were lending you the $20, it was that they were essentially hiring you to play 120 measly hands and you didn't even do that. That's not even 2 hours of a game you like to play anyway and a chance to win more money. I'm no Party apologist, but I'm sorry, you're in the wrong here and are being a bit childish about the whole thing. Have some integrity yourself and be responsible for what you sign up for.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:07 PM

Man...

1) I didn't agree to play any number of raked hands. For the 10th time - "..you will need to play 120 raked hands before 28-JUN-04 23:59 EST . If you fail to do so, we will be forced to claim it back from your account."

2) I didn't sign up for anything.

3) I have had this type of "bonus" in the past and cleared the required hands... I have also failed on one occasion to clear the hands and on the said date I have always received an email stating that the remaining cents have been deducted from my account. On this occasion this did not happen... I email them to ask why and they tell me I got to play 117 raked hands by 28th June or the bonus will be cancelled... well I am sorry but time travel is not possible on my planet.

Sounds like I am flogging a dead donkey again. I "clearly" must be in the wrong [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] sorry to cause any aggro...

John
Old 06-30-2004, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) I didn't agree to play any number of raked hands. For the 10th time - "..you will need to play 120 raked hands before 28-JUN-04 23:59 EST . If you fail to do so, we will be forced to claim it back from your account."

[/ QUOTE ]
You just said it. I'm sorry - I don't mean to be a dick and it's nothing personal, but I think you're clearly upset over something that is entirely your fault and 100% completely within what you agreed to when you took this bonus. I guess that's it. I won't keep harassing you over this, but I hope you can see how you're wrong and how Pary is just operating within the original bonus agreement and is not ripping you off.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Party Support Revisited

Since party support is based in that former British colony of India, then 'colour' would be the correct spelling.