Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2004, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Has this ever happened to you?

thanks again ... one thing I thought I would add is that I play NLHE not Limit, I suppose that only makes everything you said all the more pertinent!
Old 06-30-2004, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks again ... one thing I thought I would add is that I play NLHE not Limit, I suppose that only makes everything you said all the more pertinent!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's another thought: Learn limit. I used to play NL, but I found the same thing happening to me. If I got up a bit, I would dread seeing something like KK or AA, because I knew I'd have to play it aggressively, and risk all my profits.

In limit, you can take comfort in the fact that a bad beat or poorly played hand will never cost you more than 12 BB or so.

Also, if you're going to play limit, DEFINITELY get over to Party.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a huge detail. Talented tight-passive players are often winners at low-level limit hold'em. It's not the best way to play but it's usually good enough to make a little something because most everyone else is much worse.

At the worst they rarely manage to lose their stacks.

But the bet is a much more powerful weapon at no-limit. I suspect that those who refuse to wield it don't do well at all.

Unless you master your pessimism-tilt, you seem to be playing a very unsuitable game for your personality. Do regular NL players agree?