Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2004, 03:22 PM

Default TGC $75k Guaranteed

I decided to redeposit at TGC in order to play in their $75k Guarantee $50+5 event which has just started (3pmEST). One hand in, they come round offering an add-on which effectively makes this a $100 buy-in event. I didn't take it but many did, giving them an advantage due to, presumably, another software cock-up.

I wait to see whether the scheduled add-on is offered at the break.

Congrats TGC - another big tournament let-down.

Sheriff
Old 06-27-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Re: TGC $75k Guaranteed

25minutes in - we're now on an unscheduled break.

WTF is going on?
Old 06-27-2004, 04:08 PM

1 hour in - the break didn't arrive as scheduled. I've just busted out with what was left of my stack and am not spending another cent on that farce!

Besides the earlier problems outlined above the software's crashed twice on me in an hour, leaving me to frantically log in before my hand gets folded.

Simply put, an absolute shambles. Gaming Club Guy, I expect a refund of my buy-in for this.

Sheriff
Old 06-27-2004, 04:16 PM

354 players left and the tables aren't breaking up. Table 9 now has 2 players while others have 9 playing.

Glad I didn't buy back in.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:02 AM

Credit where credit's due - I've just woken up to discover an email advising that all players were being refunded for the tournament.

The tournament details aren't on the lobby so I've no idea if it completed last night (I presume not) or whether any prizes were honoured. However, the last time I looked the tables were all playing down to 1 player each so it presumably was cancelled at some stage.

Sheriff
Old 06-28-2004, 05:29 AM

the best pure value in Prima's daily guaranteed schedule is the 3pm est $10K guarantee for $10 rebuys/add-on..regularly the most consistent(percentagewise)overlay day in day out.

Check it out!
Old 06-28-2004, 07:05 AM

You honestly didn't know this is a weekly re-buy tournament? You should have gotten the add-on option when it was your turn to act during the first hand after the break.

Just in case anyone doesn't know yet. Any guaranteed money tournament at Prima will always be a re-buy tourney. Always.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You honestly didn't know this is a weekly re-buy tournament? You should have gotten the add-on option when it was your turn to act during the first hand after the break.

Just in case anyone doesn't know yet. Any guaranteed money tournament at Prima will always be a re-buy tourney. Always.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hoppy

As it clearly states in the first post we were offered an add-on after ONE HAND, not one hour. The break came after 25minutes and didn't appear on the hour as it should have and the tables didn't break up when players were eliminated.

Perhaps learning to read would improve your trolling skills!

As also stated, TGC/Prima (to their credit) cancelled the event and have refunded all the players so the issue is closed as far as I'm concerned.

Sheriff
Old 06-29-2004, 10:20 AM

Although Sheriff very nicely posted that he's happy with the outcome of this tournament situation, we felt it best just to let you know direct from the source.

Unfortunately, this was beyond our immediate control as it affected the whole network - so our apologies to anyone concerned for the inconvenience if you were playing at our poker room at the time.

At this stage all affected players will have had any buy-ins, re-buys and add-ons refunded. The same goes for all players that won SNG satellites for seats in this tournament.

Lastly, although some weren't happy about it (judging by comments on other message boards), a $5,000 freeroll was loded into the software as soon as the $75,000 Guaranteed tournament was cancelled as compensation for the affected players.

[ QUOTE ]

Credit where credit's due - I've just woken up to discover an email advising that all players were being refunded for the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sheriff - thanks very much and we're glad that you were happy with the decision that was taken to cancel the tournament before it got to the money.