Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 06-27-2004, 12:10 PM
AceKQJT AceKQJT is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
Default Re: Ethical split at Party?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Eastbay, you were VERY close. Here is my email to customer support and their response:

Dear Casey ,

Thank you for contacting us.

This is in regard to your email; I would need one or more of the following information to be able
assist you further :

1.Tournament I.D
2.Table number
3.Date and approximate time of the tournament
4.A hand number in the tournament that you might have taken down

Please provide me with the above information so that I can look into the matter immediately and
revert back.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care
Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Haritha
Poker Customer Care

Old 06-27-2004, 12:15 PM
eastbay eastbay is offline
Senior Member

I don't think I've ever had party support understand my question the first time. They seem to be keyword-driven, where they see a certain word and then go to a certain scripted response for that keyword.

eastbay
Old 06-27-2004, 01:15 PM
Martin Aigner Martin Aigner is offline
Senior Member

Location: Vienna / Austria

Guess this has happend to all of us who ever had contact with party support before.

To the original poster: Did you ask for a hand history? If Iīm correct the whole dialogue from both of you should be written there too. Guess this should help you to get your $15.

Anyway, if you donīt want to play heads up the next time I think itīs easyer to move in in every hand. This way the thing should be over in max. 3 minutes and you probably have over 40% chances of winning anyway (usually the blinds are rather high compared to the stacks).

Best regards

Martin Aigner
Old 06-27-2004, 03:54 PM
bones bones is offline
Member

Having spoken to Party CS several times on the phone, I can assure you that the confusion isn't keyboard driven. English is almost always the 2nd or 3rd language to the operators.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:54 PM
AceKQJT AceKQJT is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
Default Prize Splitting Not Allowed at PartyPoker

OK...I sent them the hand history from the tourney (which did contain the player chat). Party Poker's response:

Dear Casey,

Thank you for contacting us.

In a situation, where in two players are heads up and mutually decide to split the pot/prize. This
is not possible or allowed at our site.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care
Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Komal
Poker Customer Care
Old 06-28-2004, 01:32 AM
Martin Aigner Martin Aigner is offline
Senior Member

Location: Vienna / Austria
Default Re: Prize Splitting Not Allowed at PartyPoker

Now this is of course BS. You might consider contacting Lucy Jones (LucyJones@PartyPoker.com), Iīm sure she can help you. Itīs only about $15, but still this simply isnīt fair. Matter of principal IMHO. The site has nothing to lose if there is a split heads up, and who cares when the players are happy with chopping? I mean, this isnīt exactly the WPT, right?

Best regards

Martin Aigner
Old 06-28-2004, 02:50 AM
curmudgeon curmudgeon is offline
Senior Member

Location: Ecotopia
Default possible solutions

1. Play at higher limits where the money actually means something to you.
2. Play in a way that maximizes your profit per minute. Go all-in with good hands when heads up. (Odds are better with a suited connector than getting the money from a stranger!)
3. Don't play at Party!
4. Don't play when you don't have time to play all the way.
5. Don't be afraid to play against players of equal or greater strength. These are the best games, enjoy them. How will you ever get any better?
Old 06-28-2004, 08:04 PM
AceKQJT AceKQJT is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
Default Opponent hunted me down to pay the $15

Just so everyone will know....ReDeYES88 has contacted me to make arrangemnents to pay the $15. Pretty classy guy.

--Casey