Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2004, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Players from same city on the same table

I've sat down on a table with 2 or 3 players from London before (usually during the daytime), and even been accused of collusion myself, when I jammed my draw against another Londoner's TPTK! There are 8.5 million people in London, how unlikely is it that there will be more than one at one table?

Bloody Londoners. I've never trusted 'em either! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[IIRC Bergen is supposed to be the 2nd largest city in "there's something rotten in the state of" Denmark, or wherever the hell it is. But yeah, I'd keep my eye on them. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]]
Old 02-21-2004, 04:08 AM

Do you have any idea of the population of Bergen?

Just looked that up online, the population of Bergen is 250,000. So it is possible that they are playing within the same internet cafe right next to each other. Too bad we couldn't see their ip addresses.
Old 02-21-2004, 03:15 PM

One thing to think about for all you Colluders out there.
If the player is cheating online with you, who is he cheating with in your home game?
Old 02-21-2004, 05:11 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

party/etc won't allow multiple connections from the same ip address. cafes would probably use nat, so they probably all have the same ip if sitting there.
Old 02-22-2004, 02:20 AM

I am not defending any of the colluders, but some of the time players that don't know each other but are from the same town will sit at the same table. I live in a town of about 45000 and today there was another person from my town. Pretty long odds but sometimes it is a coincidence.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:11 PM

I've been in that same situation before. Playing NL and 3 people at the table are from the same city. I ended up mentioning it in chat and a few others noticed.

Our way of dealing with it (when none of the 3 ever responded to us) was to sit out. Game of 10 people with about 4 sitting out, so the possible colluders where pitted against each other in many hands.

I watched a few hands, and the play felt soft and odd. Enough that I left before playing anymore. Never knew for sure if they where colluding but it was fun to put them under the gun and force them to play against each other for a while w/o new players to sit.