Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 07:28 PM

Default River Call Too Passive?

This was my 6th hand seen at the table so no read on UTG yet.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Button folds.

River: (13.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17.50 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (17.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kd Ad (two pair, aces and fives).
UTG shows Ah 6s (two pair, aces and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 17.50 BB. </font>

Without any reads at a typical PP .5/1 game, is calling the river raise a good decision or is it worth it to re-raise.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:32 PM

Default Re: River Call Too Passive?

I like it just the way you played it. To raise here you wan't to be reasonably sure you have the best hand, which you are not. I think he will have trip fives more often than a weaker ace here.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:32 PM

UTG coming to life like that when the board pairs is enough to make me call do. Nice move.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:28 PM

I find that it's better to just give my opponent credit for hitting his two outer on the river.
Good to see you won.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:40 PM

A re-raise isn't necessary, more often than not the idiot will have his five. I'd also call it every time too, folding is certainly out of the question due to the size of the pot.