Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 01:59 AM

Default Re: The most cutting-edge update on the whereabouts of Huck Seed!

[ QUOTE ]
ouch, i heard it was excellent! i haven't heard anything of it yet other than the first single, so i'm eager to hear more. also i'm on the lookout for velvet revolver. yes, i do download/steal music.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are both excellent, you won't be able to steal Velvet Revolver though, it's copyright encrypted.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:13 AM

Default What do you know?

That dude has more game than you can ever possibly conceptualize.

To judge his game on the few occasions you probably played 15/30 to 40/80 at places like the Park or the Gardens is ridiculous. He was probably playing with his case money that he scraped together somehow, most likely borrowed, and didn't have all of his senses working together.

Sure he probably lacks money management skills, is not as good as he used to be, has other vices not to be mentioned but he would slice you up in pot limit, no limit, shorthanded or headsup and tournaments.

Like yourself I have played with Huck in middle limits and seen him do weird things like jack it up in early position with the 8,3 suited, but he was probably bored. He has played 1,000/2,000 and higher, what the hell does 15/30 mean to him?

Feeling superior because you did better than him in a ring middle limit game is just pathetic.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:09 AM

Default Re: What do you know?

Having played dozens of tournies with Huck, and having played ringgames with him dozens of times, and having played with Steve G. dozens of times, I'd take Steve's action over Hucks in a full limit holdem ring game any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

In other games (i.e. Stud and Stud 8), I'd take Huck over dang near anybody.

The fact that, as you point out, he was likely playing horridly with his (likely) case money oughta tell you what kind of player he is.

Josh
Old 06-22-2004, 09:53 AM

does stud and stud-8 get spread in CA card rooms regularly? I know they have the high limit at the hustler, but do mid limit games go all the time?

--turnipmonster
Old 06-22-2004, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That dude has more game than you can ever possibly conceptualize.

To judge his game on the few occasions you probably played 15/30 to 40/80 at places like the Park or the Gardens is ridiculous. He was probably playing with his case money that he scraped together somehow, most likely borrowed, and didn't have all of his senses working together.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he doesn't have all of his senses working together, then he's playing badly, isn't he? And who plays badly? Bad players do.

[ QUOTE ]

Like yourself I have played with Huck in middle limits and seen him do weird things like jack it up in early position with the 8,3 suited, but he was probably bored. He has played 1,000/2,000 and higher, what the hell does 15/30 mean to him?

[/ QUOTE ]

It should mean a lot to him if he's broke. And it should mean even more if it's somebody else's money. Otherwise he's an honorless, classless, irresponsible [censored]. (Note that I don't know anything about if this is true, so I'm not accusing Huck of being anything. I'm just saying that one implies the other.)

And playing stupidly because you're bored is bad play. Bad play is what bad players do.

If someone sucks because they're not trying, they still suck.

eastbay
Old 06-22-2004, 01:05 PM

Default what a tease

now I won't sleep until I know who it is?

Ivey?
Negreanu?
Brunson?
Chan?
Old 06-22-2004, 04:05 PM

I agree with you on that, in a full ring limit game I am sure there are plenty of players that are better, I do not dispute that.

But a full ring middle limit game is different than a full ring high limit game.

As for him playing horribly with his case money, the dude has issues, no doubt. The point I was trying to make was that his poker talent can't be quantified soley based on some guy playing a few times with him in a ring middle limit holdem game.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:39 PM

Default Re: what a tease

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
now I won't sleep until I know who it is?

Ivey?
Negreanu?
Brunson?
Chan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not Brunson for sure !

What about Gus Hansen !?
Old 06-22-2004, 06:15 PM

Default Re: What ever happened to Huck Seed?????

Don't get them started, Dynasty. You are right, though.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:53 PM

Default Re: what a tease

[ QUOTE ]
Ivey?
Negreanu?
Brunson?
Chan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of these four choices, two are a possibility, and two have a very high improbabilty.

Given, I have no intimate knowledge of any of the above listed individuals lives, spending habits, or bank account records.

Huskers