Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 01:41 PM

Default Re: 2+2 poster admits to collusion at 3 sites

Don't get mad at MicroBob just for sharing his opinion. Free speech is a 2 way street, you have the right to post, he has the right to criticize your post.

But this "why don't I just ask you before I post next" response is just immature.

The reason MicroBob is criticing you is probably (just a guess here) because he enjoys reading most of your posts and doesn't want to have to **Ignore You** and miss the occasional gem. Personally I only **Ignore** name changing trolls whose posts are all plagiarized anyway.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also think everyone here deserves to know his screen name at Party and PokerStars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would certainly like to know.

Husker
Old 06-22-2004, 03:32 PM

instead of clobbering the guy i think we should potentially use him as a resource (although i'm not convinced this is the best of ideas).

possibly:
thank him for being so open about his past in the face of the obvious flaming he is going to get.....and tell him that we all hope, for his sake and for ours, that he no longer does this stuff.

we could ask him some extremely pertinent questions.

i, for one, would be interested to learn any info he is willing to provide as to....

1 - how long he did this
2 - at what stakes (i think PITTM primarily plays NL)
3 - if any players ever suspected him of cheating
4 - if the sites ever suspected him of cheating
4a - what steps the sites took to try to prevent his cheating
5 - if he actually thought it helped him profit in the game....and by how much
6 - why he decided to stop
7 - what steps he took to try to keep his cheating from being TOO obvious

i don't take back what i said to granny.

we indeed HAD brought this up in previous threads.
this is really all i said that granny took exception to AFAIK.

others are saying all kind of things like 'Granny, let it go!!'...all i did was bring up the fact that this was brought up in previous threads (although, i don't deny that my sentiments are similar to the 'let it go' gang).

granny also brought this up and flamed him in at least one other thread (not having anything to do with cheating) where PITTM merely showed up with a post that was on-topic for that thread.
i have been guilty of changing the topic within a thread as well (it happens all the time around here)....but i still think it inappropriate to just shout 'cheater cheater cheater!!!' if he wants to make a post.
jmho.

there indeed WAS additional info in this post relating to the variety of sites at which he admitted cheating.
i am not denying this.

and i don't know whether or not this means he is still cheating.
granny seems to indicate it would be ridiculous to assume he has stopped.
i also think it pretty ignorant to just assume that all is well at that he has stopped doing this.
but that doesn't mean that i assume he still IS doing this.

he has stated that he USED to cheat.
i don't know why he would admit to this if he were still cheating currently.
actually, i'm not even sure why he would admit to this at all even if he has stopped cheating.

there are some potential ego-issues involved here i suspect....which is also why i might be hesitant to feed him the questions i suggested regarding his cheating past.
kind of like the serial-killer getting to brag about his acomplishments to the detectives when he's finally caught (i watch a lot of movies). it's all about brag brag brag.

i, for one, HAVE to believe he is not the only 2+2 poster who has or is colluding. there are several around here (primarily the 'regular' posters) who i feel fairly confident have not or would not even consider colluding.

but PITTM just CANT be the only one imo. but, as far as i know, IS the only one who has admitted to it.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:39 PM

i, for one, HAVE to believe he is not the only 2+2 poster who has or is colluding

if it is more than just a person or two, then this place SUCKS. also, because it seems like nobody gives a shiit, then you guys can blow it out your asses.

i hear you bob, and i hear everyone else too. he is reformed and therefore he should be accepted and welcomed with open arms. how dare me.

my bad
Old 06-22-2004, 03:44 PM

a second time? try 38921719237172th time. then youd be getting close. yesterday you said, "i could give a rat's ass if i was the ONLY one who cared you were a thief." This statement really confuses me, if you dont care what anyone else thinks then why do you feel the need to remind everyone over and over?

rj
Old 06-22-2004, 03:44 PM

One time I was playing Electronic Battleship with one of my brothers in the monastery(we had to wait for the electronic version, otherwise there was no way to play). I confess, I colluded with one of my other brothers.

I arranged it so that every game, he would enter the room and bow a greeting. Of course, we had to bow in return. Every time I bowed, I was able to peek at my brother's ship placements out of the corner of my eye. He could not believe how I could beat him every game (and convincingly so!)

I have confessed my sins, asked for forgiveness from God, and have repented. Nevertheless, I am known as "Tricky Steve" or simply "The Unholy" around these parts. It is very hard to live down such a bad reputation.

As a side note, this incident was the inspiration for the Bon Jovi song, "Bad Medicine."
Old 06-22-2004, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he is reformed and therefore he should be accepted and welcomed with open arms.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
and i don't know whether or not this means he is still cheating.
granny seems to indicate it would be ridiculous to assume he has stopped.
i also think it pretty ignorant to just assume that all is well at that he has stopped doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never said he was reformed.
i just don't see the point of dragging it out just to flame the guy.

if we wanted to use this info for something constructive than that is something i would understand.

[ QUOTE ]
if it is more than just a person or two, then this place SUCKS.

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet it's more than a person or two. we're all anonymous afterall.
how many people are registered at 2+2??

the people that come here are interested in BEATING the games....not just gambling.
for some, there isn't much of a distinction to be made between beating the games legitimately and cheating.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:46 PM

The typical colluder is terrible at poker and this is why they need to collude (probably the case for PITTM back when this happened). Give me any two of the typical colluders and I'm pretty sure that I and most others could still destroy them in a poker game, easy money.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:48 PM

Default answers to your question...

"when i first started playing online, my roommate and i would sit next to each other and play at the same table on our laptops. Pacific poker even lets duplicate ip's play. for other sites we would just use dsl/aol and it was VERY effective. i can imagine that since everyone is thinking about it, many are probably doing it."

That was the exact text of my original post. in which i very clearly said that it was not only pacific.

also, hopefully someone has figured out my pokerstars name by now *wink wink nudge nudge username nudge nudge* and i cant give away my party name because it is just my full name.

also, if you read past posts i HAVE made many coming clean confessions if thats what you want to see, just look through my past posts and im sure you can find a few. hope this helps.

rj
Old 06-22-2004, 03:52 PM

i believe i posted much of this information yesterday in the wsop dvd section, look in my past posts. but sure, ill post it again.

1) January 2002-June 2002
2) .50/1 & 1/2
3) one person asked one time since we were both from the same city, yeah, thats how dumb we were, we each put our actual location.
4) the sites never asked anything.
5) at first we were getting killed, then we slowly got better and probably ended up within 100 dollars of even.
6) Summer started, i had a job and i was more interested in getting good at poker than getting good at colluding at poker.
7) none, a trained monkey should have spotted us looking back on it.

rj