Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2004, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Negraneau\'s hand gestures

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, c'mon. That's like using Satan as a metric by which people are measured for being sinners.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2004, 06:15 PM

It wasn't a matter of him being too popular or famous, what he was doing was extremely time consuming and you should just be appreciative that he did it for as long as he did.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:33 PM

He is good for the World of Poker. He is one of the known players and has done nothing to disgrace the game.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:59 PM

Arrogant. Gay. I don't see a problem with either.

If arrogance is your issue, then I expect you to have the same problems with your friendly forumn sponsors.

If homosexuality is your issue, I suggest you deal with your own sexual fears before blasting those of another.

For a group of people who pretend to be so cerebral, there is plenty of ignorance to wade through here.

Classy.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:27 AM

I agree with you, just the other day I was reading the titles of the threads in this forum, and I was like WOW, these people sure act cerebral!
Old 06-20-2004, 07:37 AM

I've only noticed those strange facial quirks/ticks he exhibits every single time he goes into a think tank. I'll keep an eye out for the hand gestures in the future.

-WTF
Old 06-20-2004, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't a matter of him being too popular or famous, what he was doing was extremely time consuming and you should just be appreciative that he did it for as long as he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh jeese, another person thats living his life through a famous person...why dont you just go kiss his feet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2004, 11:17 PM

you know, he is canadian, so give him a break.

I love reading his stuff, but I was really disappointed to actually see him play. He is soooo self asure in his columns, but he acted very insecure at the table, and that hair..... come one dude! You are going bald, man, own it.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:54 PM

I dont like him much at all. Too cocky, just the fact that he would post the all-around player wsop standings on rpg (when he was the leader!) is was enough for me. his comments are almost always self-serving. but of course i read his comments, because they're usually poker related.

other random thoughts on him:

--that asian broad he's paying to be his girlfriend is smoking hot

--he's clearly as gay as sunday

--the facial ticks need some medicating attention

--he's good friends with mike matusow who is absolutely one of the worst individuals in the poker world

--oh yeah, and he is about the best no limit player in the world right now.. along with dan harrington
Old 06-21-2004, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
other random thoughts on him:

--that asian broad he's paying to be his girlfriend is smoking hot

--he's clearly as gay as sunday

[/ QUOTE ]
Other than a seeming predilection for Asians,( He dated Evelyn Ng too..), DN is nowhere NEAR gay. This is the standard "He frosts his hair, is small, and isn't super-masculine, therefore he is gay" small-minded stupidity. GUARANTEE you that he's had more women than 99% of the posters on here. Also, he's into 2 of the main guy activities; hockey and poker. But that's ok, keep thinking what you like, I'm sure he doesn't care. I get the same thing myself sometimes, then my 5'9" beautiful 132 lb wife with 34C's comes in, and the guys saying that turn around to the bar, order another beer, say I must have money to get a girl like that and it's a cover, and wish they had her, or had even EVER had a girl like her. My son, immaculate conception, of course.
[ QUOTE ]
--the facial ticks need some medicating attention

[/ QUOTE ]

He's expressive. Get over it. You prefer a room full of Dewey Tomko's to watch? Yeah, he's a bit over the top at times, but he's having a good time, and he's nowhere NEAR as bad as Laak or Esfandiari in this respect.
[ QUOTE ]
--he's good friends with mike matusow who is absolutely one of the worst individuals in the poker world

[/ QUOTE ]
Mebbe so, but he's friends with alot of the 25-35 y/o circuit guys, it seems
[ QUOTE ]
--oh yeah, and he is about the best no limit player in the world right now.. along with dan harrington

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to disagree here, although it seems to me Greenstein has the most mojo nowadays from the scuttlebutt.