Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2004, 05:34 PM

Default Felt I was beat . . .

Anywhere in here you would have layed it down?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (24 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 30 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 30 BB, between Hero, UTG+1 and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (30 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 8s 8c (three of a kind, eights).
UTG+1 shows Ac Ah (one pair, aces).
MP2 shows Td Ts (three of a kind, tens).
Outcome: MP2 wins 30 BB. </font>
Old 06-18-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Felt I was beat . . .

Preflop: easiest call in the world.
Flop: hmmm. This guys pushing pretty hard, but you're ahead of most of his hands here, even if he's laggy.
Turn: Unless he shows you TT during the hand, you basically have to call.
River: ugh. I think I probably call too and hate myself for it.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:03 PM

Bisonbison summed it up so nice, I don't know what else to say. Except I would have done the same.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:29 PM

Wow, set over set is always expensive, but you were unlucky enough to have the other guy grossly overplaying his aces making it even MORE expensive. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Tough to lay down tho, i'd like to say I'd fold the river when it's 2 bets to me, but I would probably grit my teeth and call, expecting to lose. Pot is just too huge at that point. Tough hand.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think with a pot this big there are enough times that hero's hand would be good where he shouldn't hate himself too bad for it. On my good days I'll fold this, on other days I'm calling expecting to lose maybe 80% of the time, but then again my hand only has to be good like less than 10% of the time to make calling correct.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:58 PM

I would of played it the same way. The only thing I can say is there will come a time when you've hit your set and will be trying to figure out why the other guy is capping with you, and youll see he hit a lesser set and the chips will slide your way. Thats Holdem.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think with a pot this big there are enough times that hero's hand would be good where he shouldn't hate himself too bad for it. On my good days I'll fold this, on other days I'm calling expecting to lose maybe 80% of the time, but then again my hand only has to be good like less than 10% of the time to make calling correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with the big pot, I'd probably fold this only because there are a straight AND flush draw on the board, and betting didn't slow on the turn when the flush hit. Thinking about it, it would probably be a bad fold with a 30 BB pot, but I'd be more than 95% sure I'm beat here.

It's obvious to me that you have UTG+1 beat, as he raise preflop and probably has a premium pocket pair. But MP2 raised into the preflop raiser, so I'm putting him immediately on the flush draw or AT. He's still pushing hard on the turn, when the flush hits, so I'm calling with the intention of folding unless I hit a full house or quads. If the full or quads hits, I'm letting it all hang out on the river and crying when I see a bigger full house or laughing at my luck with quads.