Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2004, 06:03 AM

Default He called me a cheater! (kinda long not too much)

I was playing a few months ago in a B&M and caught a pretty nice wave of cards and was up about 50 in 15 min at at a 3/6 table. 75o in BB and flopped trip 7s. a guy let me check all the way to the river and i nailed a straight. pocket 9s flopped a set and rivered the full. and i had nice action. one of the guys there commented on how i rivered so many hands(umm if you give me a free ride to a straight your bad) and about the nines full(i had him beat w/out the boat on the river) well this dude gets up and leaves after he ranted and i took all that money. when i leave my girlfriend and friend that rail watched me said that as the guy was leaving he was accusing me of cheating. i swear thats the best compliment ive ever had in poker [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. well what do you guys think of this and have you ever encountered similair circumstances?
Old 06-17-2004, 09:07 AM

Default Re: He called me a cheater! (kinda long not too much)

I think your opponent was an ignorant incompetent fish that couldn't see/admit his own shortcomings.

I think you need to strive for higher compliments! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

JTrout

ps. don't let your girlfriend stand too long on the rail, or she may become someone else's girlfriend! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2004, 03:29 PM

Nice screen name! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2004, 02:10 AM

My sister used to do the same thing when we were kids playing board games. Anyone who was winning was a "cheater". Of course, we were only 9 or 10 years old at the time.