Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2004, 11:15 PM

Default Did i get the most out?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Ob4ious is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Ob4ious completes, <font color="CC3333">BB <font color="purple">(Tight)</font> raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Ob4ious calls.

BB voluntarily puts money in the pot about 15% of the time, so i know his raise out of the BB is a big hand. I put him on aces to start out. Im going to need to hit a 4 to continue.

Flop: (11 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>

[/b]Perfect. There are 5 players, so how about checkraising the flop.[/b]

Ob4ious checks, <font color="CC3333">Tight bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Ob4ious raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Tight 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, Ob4ious calls.

I smooth called in order to checkraise the turn, since again we have 5 players. I can also save a SB and procede cautiously if a diamond falls. Please dont let an ace fall.

Turn: (13 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Ob4ious checks, <font color="CC3333">Tight bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Ob4ious 3-bets</font>, Tight calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP3 folds, Button calls, Ob4ious calls, Tight calls.

River: (31 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>

The 8 worries me a bit, since UTG+1 has played a lot like 88, but im not worried enough to not bet.

<font color="CC3333">Ob4ious bets</font>, Tight calls, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 35 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 35 BB, between Button, Ob4ious, Tight and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Ob4ious (35 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Ob4ious shows 4c 4h (four of a kind, fours).
Tight shows Kc Kh (two pair, kings and eights).
UTG+1 shows 3d Ad (flush, ace high).
Button shows Kd Jd (flush, king high).
Outcome: Ob4ious wins 35 BB. </font>
Old 06-17-2004, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Did i get the most out?

You played it well. It wouldn't been better had the 8 not hit on the river so that the nut flush would've kept on raising you.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:19 PM

Ok let's see here.

1) I don't like the check on the flop. Just bet, the pot is big, people will call. If they fold that's fine, the board isn't that great.

2) I guess checking the turn once is ok, now you are massive.

3) What are you talking about, "the 8 worries me"? Are you kidding? Bet and raise until your mouse stops working. Quads over quads shouldn't even cross your mind.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:21 PM

BB voluntarily puts money in the pot about 15% of the time, so i know his raise out of the BB is a big hand. I put him on aces to start out.

I wouldnt put him on Aces, but ok.

I smooth called in order to checkraise the turn, since again we have 5 players. I can also save a SB and procede cautiously if a diamond falls. Please dont let an ace fall.

You need to CAP the flop for every single reason you just mentioned.

The 8 worries me a bit, since UTG+1 has played a lot like 88, but im not worried enough to not bet.

UTG+1 played a lot like a flush.

Nice takedown [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2004, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3) What are you talking about, "the 8 worries me"? Are you kidding? Bet and raise until your mouse stops working. Quads over quads shouldn't even cross your mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

It worried me because there was one more hand that would have beat me... that doesnt mean i wouldnt have gone to the felt.

I was worried that if i bet out the flop and the bb raised, he'd limit my field too much. but looking back at that flop, I aggree i should have bet out.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt put him on Aces, but ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt put him on aces and aces only. Sure i was considering an array of hands, while being most suspcious of AA.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the check on the flop. Just bet, the pot is big, people will call. If they fold that's fine, the board isn't that great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Checkraising the flop is far superior. The preflop raiser is to your immediate left and will bet nearly 100% of the time out of position. The board is draw heavy but the only draws that fold to a bet and a raise on the flop are those that you don't want to fold. Which is to say, hands like A7o or 89 which are drawing near dead. Flush draws and straight draws are not folding an 11 SB pot here. Checkraising lets you trap the weak hands/draws for multiple bets. The added bonus is that you have a better draw than the flushies and straighties.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It worried me because there was one more hand that would have beat me...

[/ QUOTE ]

One hand out of 1326 possible starting hands beats you. If he has it... good for him... but the chances are so small (0.075% chance) of that happening that any money put in the pot is good for you.

Cap the flop.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:57 PM

a straight flush beats me also... so i have the 3rd nuts. like i said, im not worried enough to not go to the felt, so i guess in a practical sense, im not worried.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:54 PM

but looking back at that flop, I aggree i should have bet out.

No, check raising this flop was good, you trap the whole field here. Cap the flop though, no one's folding.