Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2004, 01:09 AM

Default Re: My wife\'s Royal Flush at Mandalay Bay

They are, but women can be ladies and men can be gentlemen.

Would you let someone do that to your wife/mother/sister?

***Now if she stood up on her chair and screamed out "How you like me now, Bitch?!" or grabbed her crotch and yelled, "How you like THESE Nuts?!"...well, then it's on!*** [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2004, 01:49 AM

My wife had AJ of clubs in MP. Couple of limpers, she raised, and got about four callers. Flop is K clubs, K hearts, T clubs. Guy in EP checks, wife calls, other two fold, guy raises, wife calls (Straight and flush draws). Turn is Q clubs (Royal Flush). Guy bets, wife raises, guy calls. River is King spades. Guy bets, wife raises, guy reraises, wife raises, etc. about three times before guy finally calls. Wife flips over the Royal, guy disgustingly flips over his KT diamonds for the quad Kings. Guy says to my wife "Did you even know you had it (Royal, that is)?" Wife responds "Yes, of course".
Old 06-16-2004, 05:48 AM

What a [censored] baby... he didnt even use both cards. So there was no cap on the river?
Old 06-16-2004, 06:32 AM

So he went off on your wife? So he did? So what? She is playing the game and a$$holes and steamers are a part of it.If they happened to be bad players they even more welcome to my table and if they good i'll do everything i can to tilt them. Isn't it how the game should be played?
Old 06-16-2004, 07:36 AM

The guy is an idiot! First off it wasn't even pocket kings it was the freakin King 10 of Diamonds. This fool called the preflop raise. Ok fine, but the flop he catches two kings in a very dangerous bourd, straight draw, flush draw, maybe he's even agaist ace king. I mean this guy is a pure idiot he shouldn't be yelling at your wife he should be yelling at himself for being an idiot and calling 2 bets cold with king 10 suited. I mean when the third king hits he got to know the only way someone raises him if he's beat. The best part of the story is he didn't get the jackpot for quad kings because both cards didn't play. hahahahahaha.
Take care
Gene
Old 06-16-2004, 09:48 AM

you have to have more than 15 posts before you can call me names- forum rule
Old 06-16-2004, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you have to have more than 15 posts before you can call me names- forum rule

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about that. I got a little too emotional myself reliving the events of that night.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:13 AM

gk2400

if he had KTd on a Kc Kx Tc flop then he floped the boat, therefore not having to worry about flush and straight draws or AK, so his hand was worht playing, and even slowplaying a bit. On the river he could think his opponent might be overplaying a high pocket pair for a decent fullhouse, AA for Kings full O'Aces for example. The details are a little fuzzy but it's possible the guy could have limped in with KTd and then faced a raise.

The guy is still a wicked asstard, but your analysis of his play is inaccurate
Old 06-16-2004, 11:29 AM

Thanks for posting the details. Tell your wife nice hand. I can imagine getting steamed when you flop a boat, end up making quads, and still lose. But saying "did you even know you had it" is a jackass move.

Alas, this stuff happens in live play. Tell her to keep playing, and to think of the jackpot she won, not the guy she beat. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2004, 11:50 AM

Woops sorry didn't se he flopped the boat. Still doesn't excuse his behavior. I still question calling two bets cold pre flop though. King ten can be a troubled hand even if you hit.
Gene